By muffinmen1022 - 20/02/2009 05:27 - United States

Today, I went to Macy's to go shopping, I was wearing a shirt and tie and dressed nicely. Customers came up to me with questions, but I just ignored them. Minutes later, thinking I was an employee, the manager came and yelled at me, and threatened to fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 428
You deserved it 11 817

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can always tell the customers that you don't work there.

Now's the time to strike back at your boss-wannabe! Employees of another workplace unite!

Comments

red_apples 0

@ #51 , That would be pretty clever.

actually #44 and #45 i worked at macy's too. i worked in the bedding department and sometimes the manager from kids would wonder over when our manager was out and she would act like the manager of our department. she'd tell people "you cant go on break! no you do this ... you do that." the manager could have been doing the same thing, from another department and thought that he was someone new in this other department. and by the way #45 anyone can be fired for any reason within the first 90 days of being hired.

TechnoAllah 0

You should've told him you were from corporate, and then yelled at him for not knowing his own employees.

lol you should've been like "fine! I should take this clinique set and shove it up your backside!?!?!" and totally get "fired".

at the point where customers come up to you....you have the perfect oppurtunity.....**** with them....screw with the manager...but dont be mean.

you're a bitch. tell the customers you don't work there... just because you wear a business suit doesn't make you better than everyone else. i'm going to be a teacher and even i realize that. (yeah i'm ******* young)

You could definitely have gotten a rather large discount out of that, by turning to some other customers, being like "do you see how this man just treated me?" and making their customer service look like sh!t. Then, ask him if he'll give you a discount for your troubles. Insist, and once he agrees, ask him to put "damaged items" discounts on what you want to buy. Easy 30-40% ;)

See I would have demanded my last pay check right then and there XD

#5 and 14 all the way. You can say or do anything to that boss that you've ever wanted to do to any of your other bosses. And after that, call Macy's headquarters and complain that one of the managers yelled at you and threatened you and that you never want to shop there again. They'll send you all sorts of coupons and free crap because they're a huge company. This is not an FML. This is a you-are-so-lucky-I-wish-I-was-you