By Boo Boo - 22/01/2012 04:23 - United States

Today, I went to get my blood drawn to see how far along I am pregnant. The lady stuck both my arms twice and then busted a vein in my right arm. She told me to come back tomorrow to try again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 109
You deserved it 2 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uh make sure you don't get her tomorrow again XD

omfg_creepers 8

That must be "bloody" painful.

Comments

Sorry OP that rly sucks sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure she felt terrible as well for putting you through that. It can however be very hard to hit veins as they often roll around and can cause you to miss. I work at a vet clinic and it happens often that you need to take extra goes at it. Still, sorry to hear that.

ashes1005 0

Um usually thats y they do a sonogram to find out hoe far pregnant u r

Blood work is to generally confirm pregnancy. It can also determine the approximate week she's in by the level of HCG hormone she has in her blood. That alone can usually tell you if the pregnancy will terminate or be viable by how high the level is…

GoW_Chick 14

21- Did you just want to call OP a hoe, is that why the spelling is so bad?

kbabylvr21 10

That why you go to school, to find out how to spell correctly and use proper grammar. I really hope that there's still time for you to learn.

Well OP, let's just say that DocBastard will appreciate your visit in the near future, unless he forget's about it due to old age...

kittenvks 11

Sorry to hear about this OP but it really is common. If this is your first it's only going to get better! *sarcasm* But it's worth it in the end.

littlemsweirdo 12

Ugh. It happened to me once too! It scares the hell out of me. How can you stick a needle in me unsuccessfully 3 times and have no sense of professionalism in your procedure ?! Anyway, You should've asked for another assistant. Good grief....

mama2b3 20

Getting blood drawn sucks enough without getting someone inexperienced :( Sorry op

There are so many factors that play into this than whether or not the nurse is experienced.

Congratulations on the baby! Better luck tomorrow

Sounds just as bad as the student I allowed to do my bloodwork. I have rolling veins and she managed to miss in both arms! Here's to hoping you get a different nurse for your bloodwork tomorrow! Congrats on baby and good luck !

Yeah u shouldnt allow students to practise its better if they start to work with 0 experience imo

They should obviously have practice… I'd prefer just not on me since I'm in every week … nice sarcasm though. It's appreciated!

I'd be going somewhere else once your busted arms heal! :( poor OP!

Its not always easy to draw blood so STFU ..|.

Who the hell are you to tell OP to shut up because of a misfortune she had?