By Anonymous - 06/01/2010 01:10 - United States

Today, I went on a blind date that my best friend had set up for me. When I arrived, I introduced myself and we sat at the table. After we ordered our food, he asked the waiter for some crayons and a kid's menu, and colored for the half hour before our food came. He didn't talk to me at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 504
You deserved it 4 025

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pocahontas888 2

I don't see how this is necessarily a bad thing....

marshmallowmouse 0

How about starting a conversation next time - it doesn't always have to be the guy who chats YOU up, you know...

Comments

Funny. There are a multitude of bad dates out there. Maybe you need some hobbies? You may meet someone while you're doing something that you like to do. I'm thinking that your best friend sucks. You can tell her I said so.

Dont disown. Hes just shy and who WOULDNY want to colour!?

So, you sat there silently for half an hour staring at him... you didn't come up with the idea to leave in the meantime??

Really? no conversation starter? If I went on a date with a girl and she did that, I would find it cute and attempt to join in...

and you didn't say "um yea, this isn't going to work" and then get up and leave. YDI for staying

A lot of my legit comments on here get moderated because it "violates the rules." If #23 's highly insulting post towards the OP doesn't get moderated for the same reason, there's really something messed up about the FML Staff.

Ummmmm... this should be on MLIA. everyone who posts on FML has such a depressed outlook toward everything.

you all are a bunch of sticks in the mud. "we r serious adults, this r serious date. no fun spontaneity allowed!" so what, its kinda cute that he started coloring, though its a little strange he didnt talk while he was doing it but he probably saw you didn't really "get it" so he felt awkward and just kept going...but you could of talked and sort of joked about it. dont take everything so seriously, Jesus.

brittany20 0

Don't feel bad, many ppl just have communication probs...u should of just laughed I went on several dates with a guy that just sat there. coloring is better than nothing haha.. u shoulda made convo tho he could just be shy. take my advice tho let it go soon cuz if it doesn't get better on the 2nd date it won't, u cannot make someone interesting.