By UnluckyInk - 18/02/2013 08:50 - United States - Manlius

Spicy
Today, I went in to get my first tattoo. I'd put a lot of thought into it and was really excited when the day came. Long story short, the Celtic knot I'd gotten turned out to have an alternate meaning of "female sex slave." The faces my very Irish family made were beyond words. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 319
You deserved it 49 700

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's why you should know what the tattoo means first!

You should also get a 4-leaf clover for food luck

Comments

Shamrocks are also used by the Aryan Brotherhood! Sounds like you did a lot of research yourself #17.

Zforya 10

It's about time you let your true colors show 

77 - You want a tattoo of a ballsack...?

I'm Irish, and I speak Irish fairly well but I have honestly never ever in my entire life heard of Celtic knots having the kind of meaning that you can "read" in the same way you can read Japanese characters - and most definitely not in modern day Ireland. I don't see any reason why your Irish family would have any idea what your tattoo represents.

For my part I always follow the signs... Good luck!

Okay, I was a bit curious and looked the symbol up. It's not so really the Celtic knot I imagined. It looks like a plus sign inside a circle. That's it. I'm really hoping op got a different tattoo, because I think it would be fairly easy to find all the alternate meanings for this one.

Speaking as a member of the BDSM community, it's the first I've heard of that one being used. Usually it's a triskelion or such used. However I know from experience that my Volk knot stuff gets me thought to be a neo-nazi until I explain it's a religious thing. The only people who would assume it's a sex slave thing are people looking for such and who can be told no, it's an ancient symbol used in many ways. That is if you actually got the celtic knot version, it's not even part of the thing. It's only the BDSM meaning if it is literally a + inside a circle.

I have one that's like a 3 way ying yang and its black red and blue for my BDSM tattoo