By kristine29 - 03/02/2010 16:06 - United States

Today, I went for a job interview I scheduled 3 weeks ago. I spent $200 on a new suit to really impress them and practised like crazy every imaginable question they could ask. They already had filled the position 2 weeks ago and forgot to inform me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 396
You deserved it 2 808

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks. On the other hand, now you have a nice new suit!

txgirl09 5

Gah, see this is why I HATE interviews. They just treat you like dirt and expect you to lap it up in the hopes of a job.

Comments

Go eat at Taco Bell then swing in and drop off an Upper Decker in their can.

At least you're prepared for future interviews.

Being stuck in this jobless market myself, I'm sorry. At least you got a nice suit right?

You don't deserve the job if you can't spell practice correctly!

Spelling the verb "practice" with a "c" is an American practice. In some countries, the verb is spelled "practise" and the noun "practice". OP's is in New Hampshire, so I guess she doesn't deserve the job. If she was in my province, I'd consider her deserving.

"OP's is in". D'oh, stutter much? Sorry.

oogyboogy 6

thank you do much!!! I can never tell if it's with an s or a c... take that Mrs. Wright!!

So they're so disorganized and/or lazy that they wouldn't bother to inform other candidates that the position was filled? Sounds to me like you dodged a bullet. Though the situation does suck.

Don't worry about it, most jobs are already filled before they interview people. interviews just have to done to make it look legit... For bigger positions anyway.

maybe you didn't impress them enough and they lied to you...

since when did a nice suit only cost $200.00. should be I had a job interview and had to buy a $200.00 suit. fml.