By Purplexus - 02/01/2014 14:13 - Turkey - Ankara

Today, I watched my father attempt to light a cigar with the stove and end up burning off some hair and eyebrows. He tried to play it cool, said, "Haircuts are too expensive these days anyway." and walked out, his head smoking. This man is a college professor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 358
You deserved it 5 376

Purplexus tells us more.

Yes, this was my FML. Yeah, my dad is an awesome professor. Does anyone have any questions haha

Comments

StompinOnCrayons 15

The price of free beats the barbers ! I wish he was my professor - he knows the economy at least.

He couldn't find a lighter...guess the stove would work...learned that the hard way...

Would you rather have him jumping around screaming like a moron? When you have a "DOH!" Moment like that you just have to roll with it.

And people say the American education system sucks.

challan 19

Op is from Turkey. I guess the American school systems do suck.

The American education system does suck. Or at least every school I know does. They spend a year teaching you certain material for specific state standardized tests, and they never cover it all. So you're pretty screwed unless you're naturally smart.

59, That was the point. People say the American school system sucks, but at least our teachers don't set themselves on fire like they apparently do in Turkey. It was a joke, though. I realize one person doesn't reflect on an entire system.

Your dad is the definition of smooth, I wish I could handle accidents like that.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22
perdix 29

My late dad was a college professor, and if it didn't involve philosophy, he could be quite silly. Getting conned out of twenty bucks playing three-card monty on a bus in New Orleans was the low water mark.