By justin_99 - 03/11/2009 01:15 - Canada

Today, I was working at Tim Hortons. A lady was in line, and she couldnt make up her mind. 20 minutes later she finally decided to get something, and she reached in her pocket. I was hoping it was a tip, but she gave me a coupon for a haircut. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 042
You deserved it 3 067

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have looked her straight in the eyes, looked up to her hair and said "It's okay, I think you'll need it. But make sure the hairdresser chooses the cut, because something tells me you aren't the greatest at making decisions."

perdix 29

I've heard that Canadians are exceptionally polite. Maybe she was trying to subtly tell you that she found a hair on her donut. Next time she comes in and tell her she's won a free cream-filled donut, and then go in the back and make her a "special" one. Include a complimentary hair of a different sort.

Comments

They have Tim Hortons in Ohio too because we're so close to the border. Good donuts =)

letitbe56 0

Was it a FREE haircut? Because that haircut is probably worth more than whatever you would have gotten as a tip. I thought my nice small-town hairdresser priced haircuts normally (about $30 for a shampoo, cut and blow-dry, including tip), but then I went away to school only to discover that in most of the country they're actually about twice that. For a freakin haircut.

YDI for working at tim hortons. talk about annoying customers, i work in a restaraunt for crying out loud. theres really nice people out there and then theres the assholes, and its all a part of life. as for the haircut coupon? it`s better than nothing. i go to tim hortons twice a day, for breakfast before work and then again for lunch between my two jobs. never in my life have i left them a tip, and i never will. you dont need money for pouring some coffee into a cup and grabbin a donut off the shelf. thats what i pay the money for. do you tip the guy at mcdonalds too?

and you dont need money for bringing peoples food to their tables you ass. Tim hortons workers deserve just as much to be tipped as waiters do, so shut the **** up

Erniesduck123 0

No. First of all, you don't have to tip baristas, it's just a nice gesture. When I am especially helpful and accomodating people are more than happy to put their spare change from the transaction into a jar. A barista is different from a fastfood worker, we make specialized drinks that require at least some skill and knowledge, to properly steam the milk and such. You tip bartenders, who also may do little more than fill a mug with beer. We put a tip jar out because people honestly wanted to tip us. Don't tip if you don't want to. But when I heat someone's bakery in the microwave for them, or help a woman on a diet figure out the calories in her drink, they are usually more than happy to.

She DID give you a tip...she was hinting that you need a haircut. Oh, me.

YDI because your a whiner, you don't even need a tip. You pour coffee for gods sake! I hate when people who do counter work like pouring coffee or putting donuts into a bag. Ugh I hate their stupid tip cups.

Hahahaha, reminds me of that song 'GET A HAIRCUT, AND GET A REAL JOB!!!!'

You work at Timmy's. You have every ounce of my sympathy. The haircut thing's actually kinda cool, though. If a little suspicious.

Will Most Boys while in the Teenage life have long & sexy hair & they always get pissed when someone talks about it in a negative way or make fun of it. I've also found out that allot of Muslims and Arabs hate long hair & always stay on Default than special. It IS an FML because after waiting so long for her, she basically gave him an advice to cut something precious of his just because she's "N/A".

I love Tim horton I went there all the time when I was in canada