By Misky - 02/07/2012 02:51

Today, I was walking past a homeless guy while smoking; he asked if he could have a cigarette. So I gave him one and said without thinking, "Sorry, it’s a menthol, but beggars can't be choosers." FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 590
You deserved it 28 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wasn't there a post like this where the hobo wouldn't take a menthol?

cuddlebunny3548 11

Hey, it's true OP. A saying is a saying.

Comments

flipfloperson 5

I like how you used the word "poor" while telling OP about his bad word choice when talking to homeless people.

MindFreakazoid 10

Your picture makes me happy

Hey! Let's all just stop smoking and our problems shall be solved!

twisted_cherub 14

So true. It's not like we'll still have to worry about skin cancer, stomach cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, brain cancer, or any of the other types of cancer besides lung. We also won't have wars anymore, no one will drive drunk, no one will beat or neglect their children, world hunger will be solved, people will drive better, all poisons and venoms will no longer affect us, every disease will be cured, fatty foods and salt won't cause heart attacks, pregnancy will only happen when the parents are ready for a baby, no one will ever get their heart broken, and every person will be given a puppy/kitten/pony (depending on preference) that will never run away or die. With all those horrible things weighing on my mind, it's no wonder I want a cigarette every now and then.

50, exactly. Look at all the problems that could be solved by not smoking. Why haven't we stopped sooner? Ah yes as you also said we smoke to cope with the problems that could be cured by not smoking. Vicious circle. (Really hope I don't need to put this in here but maybe with this site, ALL SARCASM)

Unless you find agitated and people that have no tolerance for humanity fun to be around I believe ill just keep filling my lungs with cancer :)

TayonaC 10

It's still better to not smoke at all. Though it may not seem like it, smoking does have a big impact on people and society. Even the smallest thing can make a big difference in the end.

tuzdee1022 0

All of our problems will be solved? Is that what DARE taught the kids to say? Geez, he's homeless and miserable, he can smoke if he wants to: he has worse issues than a kid reciting phrases from a handout.

Hi, I was obviously exaggerating. I'm not a child, either, so I have never gotten the chance to even see dare. But yes, that's a mighty fine list of issues, and unfortunately smoking tops the charts for being the deadliest.

And 70- my dad smoked. And you are right, I hated being around his agitated self when he was trying to quit. But I hated more being around him and watching him die from lung cancer.

People can get lung cancer even if they don't smoke.

True. But why increase chances of it happening? Nobody smokes without consequences.

twisted_cherub 14

Actually, smoking is not the number one cause of death in this country or anywhere. In America, the number one cause of death is heart disease. Fatty foods, cholesterol, sodium, and estrogen (foods such as soy, processed chicken or dairy, and birth control are the most common ways people develop higher than normal estrogen levels) are killing far more people than smoking. But it doesn't matter. We all die of something. I have an overwhelming chance of developing some form of cancer. My family history nearly guarantees that. I already get yearly mammograms because my grandmother was only 2 yrs older than I am now when she was diagnosed. She died 3 yrs after. Colon, ovarian, skin, brain, bone, liver, cervical, and stomach cancers to name a few causes of death in my family. A lot of those people smoked, but other cancers got them first. So what's the point of living healthy when my DNA is already trying to kill me? I may as well enjoy the things I like.

Well said and oh so true. Even the beautiful sunsets are caused by more pollution that factories and power plants then what peoples smoking causes and coal miners won't get lung cancer either.

Some people are pretty thick... "Here i a big list of things that can kill me so why do I care if I add one more thing to the mix..." I should show up at your doorstep and murder you. Then in court give a big list of things that were going to kill you anyways so why does it matter.

MagicGiraffe 12

Maybe what you said to him may be enough motivation to help him turn his life around.

llamalpaca382 13

OH MY GOD A PURPLE GIRAFFE

MagicGiraffe 12

HOLY CRAP IT'S HARRY POTTER!

chickenkiller 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Or just eat his face. That seems to be popular.

108 - Wow. I think I'm the only one who got that reference.

luckyd880 12

125 share with the class please

Ha that's funny, u cud shoot him that's fast enough

A100893 30

Clever, clever. Got a smile out of me. :)

****** up but completely true. At least you apologized about only having menthol and hey who the **** is gonna go buy regular cigs just to give a homeless person better variety?

****** up but completely true. At least you apologized about only having menthol and hey who the **** is gonna go buy regular cigs just to give a homeless person better variety?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'd rather quit smoking than smoke menthols, talk about nasty.

It tastes like burning Listerine. Not good at all.

But they are like brushing your teeth with every puff.