By Anonymous - 19/01/2016 23:36 - Canada - Calgary

Today, I was told that if I was caught yawning again, I'd be fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 875
You deserved it 2 302

Same thing different taste

Comments

I'd say yawn again, get fired and get another job that's more interesting so you wouldn't yawn while doing it.

Time to learn how to yawn with your mouth closed i guess

It depends on your job. If you're the cashier for example, or a stripper and you yawn it's not good for business.

lilchica22001 22

Yawning is actually the brain's way of thermoregulation and is not something that can be controlled. Basically your brain is cooling itself down when you yawn. It's not unprofessional by any means....it's a autonomic physiological survival mechanism. Just like your computer has its own cooling mechanism to keep it from overheating, your body’s computer, the brain, uses yawning to regulate its temperature. Boom! Science!

Then you need to be stealthier with your yawns. Ninja yawn?

When I was in college, one of my instructors would use a syringe full of water if he caught us yawning. He didn't care if he got our laptops or notebooks. we all learned how to yawn with our mouths closed really really fast. our faces probably looked hilarious, but we saved our notes and electronics from a blast of water.

Why would someone punish you for yawning? That doesn't make sense.

It does seem unreasonable, but yawns from employees may come across as unprofessional. Try to be more discreet/cover your mouth when you yawn. The amount of people who roar-face in public without covering is amazing. It's a personal pet peeve of mine to see that, as it happens. Cover mouths for coughs, sneezes, and yawns as public courtesy.

why should we coughing and sneezing with no hand covering spreads germs that can get people sick. yawning doesn't.

lilchica22001 22

Yawning is actually the brain's way of thermoregulation and is not something that can be controlled. Basically your brain is cooling itself down when you yawn. It's not unprofessional by any means....it's a autonomic physiological survival mechanism. Just like your computer has its own cooling mechanism to keep it from overheating, your body’s computer, the brain, uses yawning to regulate its temperature. Boom! Science!

if that's the case you should ask if cocaine is okay to prevent yawning.