By Anonymous - 13/01/2011 11:07 - United States

Today, I was tending the cash register. I scanned a lady's items which totaled $89.68. She paid with a $100 bill. I gave her $11.32 change. She angrily gave back the extra dollar and complained about "schools nowadays". I'm an AP Calculus student. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 177
You deserved it 49 999

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wait huh she got mad cuz you gave her an extra dollar by mistake :-/

Doesn't the cash register tell you how much change to give? You may want to reconsider your major if reading 4 (four) numbers on a screen is confusing.

Comments

Ninjafriends 1

"AP" stands for "Advanced Placement", which is a course that is designed to prepare high school students for a college credit exam. In this case, "AP" stands for "Arithmetic Phail".

Wait, if you're tending the cash register why didn't the register tell you how much change to give the woman back?

Rick_S 3

Not exactly sure how this is an FML, but the fact that you're AP Calc does explain why you can't do simple math. When I was an undergrad studying Engineering, I took Calc 101, Calc 102, Physics 101 and Physics 102. By the end of it, I couldn't add 2 and 2 without a calculator. You get so focused on the advanced math that you forget how to do the basic stuff in your head.

Phoenix1023 3

Once, when I was an undergrad studying Engineering, I got a flashlight stuck in my ass looking for my marbles.

ulicksam 0

Who cares if you're an AP Calculus student. Most students these days never did any math without a calculator, and this is the result.

xundria 5

Wrong, please refer to 12 and 20.

gingerkid1029 0

so what? you still can't make change

CaptainPat 0

That sucks. Especially if it wasn't your fault. I know if the money in the register is new, it sticks together. I've had this happen to me a couple times, once the lady gave me the dollar back and was nice, another time i realized right as the person was leaving and they kept it.

Nice story. Usually they don't keep ones in the same slot as larger bills, so I'm not sure how this applies...

If a 10 and a 1 are stuck together in op's register, they still get a fail for not being able to properly read or sort money.

Actually, the fail could be on the banker, or the person who counted the drawer before him.

jesca_is 0

careless mistake on your part.

hey tard. you gave her an extra dollar. learn to count before you complain about other people