By changeddaily - 20/03/2011 04:52 - Australia

Today, I was telling my friend how lonely I am on Skype. He responded by deleting me as a friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 460
You deserved it 11 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've found that people who act or have depression or are lonely tend to exacerbate the problem by bringing the topics up in normal conversation. It just bums everyone out.

Comments

CJS199512 0

lol that's hilarious. it'd be mean though if they didn't re add u

LWD310 0

How is this not a ydi? Friends generally don't want to hear you sit around and whine.. Ydi

I suppose the feeling of loneliness is unique in that everyone experiences it but only you can deal with it. I suppose it depends on who you told: 1) If you told someone of the opposite sex this, whether or not they're friends, they might see it as a sign of desperation and that can be a turn off. Matter of fact, a recent article of Maxim this month says that 19.1% of females, who took their survey, are turned off by attention-seeking behavior. I would imagine that the younger you are the more likely they'll reject you since they haven't reached that maturity yet to where they can look at others beyond their fears. 2) If you told a person who is your friend, but he isn't really your close friend, then yeah I can see why he'd block you. Honestly, if I was online and some guy, who I know but just know by name or at a place of work/school, I would block that person as well. I would say that the sole reason why is that everyone feels loneliness, but nobody really knows how to solve it, at least for others. You just have to find a way to deal with it. My recommendation is that perhaps you should talk to closer friends of yours. In reality, you'll find that many people will not want to help you, especially in a time of need. In those times, you really learn who your true friends are and perhaps someone you've treated unfairly in the past will emerge as someone who can really help you. My opinion is that you should lay it out there that you have these feelings and sort of say what you think of it. I'd say start with family and perhaps someone you really trust but don't talk to them online, talk to them in person.

I should also say that if you're regularity showing your loneliness online in social outlet like Facebook and Tweeter, then you should def stop that. Being online only exacerbates your loneliness. I would say log off, and go out and hang out with people. If you can't then at least find ways to cope with it yourself. Just don't do it online since it's actually harder to cope. The main problem with social media is that people feel better expressing themselves. This is true for both positive and negative points. Like for example, you might express your loneliness, but another might express how you're very desperate. The point is, whatever you've expressed online, it's probably a manifestation of your true suppressed feelings. With that in mind, many people who get stuck with the ideals of social media tend to find extreme relief when they're no longer on the social media. I say cancel your account, asap, and don't get back on it if you're finding yourself constantly reaching out on it rather than using it for its intended purpose of connecting with others for social engagements.

sweetonsno 1
emodude44 0

Thats just mean and uncalled for!

I have skype and would be happy to be your friend and listen to your rants! Send me a private message should you want to be my friend:)

Some people are very mean, they dont deserve your attention.

I could understand that he did that if you do this sort of thing all the time. However, if this is just you having an off day, then yeah, it was pretty rude of him.

Try Omegle. You can get to experiment on strangers. I met some of my best stalking targets on there.

saturnsonic 3

Wow your friend Sucks!!!!! :-(