By Anonymous - 24/12/2015 21:38 - United States - Hackensack

Today, I was taking my grandma shopping, when she pointed at a pair of thongs and told me if I don’t start wearing them I won’t get a man. I've been married for 4 years, gran. Thanks for paying attention. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 206
You deserved it 1 610

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is really fun paradox. This is the first time I've seen someone say "if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all" and then proceed to say something mean.

Comments

A pair of thongs as in flip flops? Or a thong as in underwear? I feel that could be quite a crucial distinction

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

This is really fun paradox. This is the first time I've seen someone say "if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all" and then proceed to say something mean.

That saying has literally nothing to do with the rest of your comment?

#6 Yes, I realized it was a paradox while typing it out. That was kind of the point. Maybe I'm the only one seeing the point I was trying to get across. I didn't abide by the rules of my original statement because #1 didn't abide by them (in a different perspective) either. Honestly wasn't trying to be overly mean. Was just trying to prove a point.

Doberman, in hindsight it wasn't the smartest of comments, I'll put it down the the Christmas drinks. But I really don't think I was being mean, so I don't get why that particular expression is relevant.

#1 is asking because in Australia, thongs refer to flip flops. I read it like that, but then saw it was from the US and it made more sense. I'm not sure how asking which they meant was rude?

zeffra13 31

I think Doberman was trying to modify the saying so instead of not saying anything mean, you don't say anything she considers stupid or ignorant (since underwear makes more sense). But who knows, maybe OP's grandma thinks flip flops are sexy. Not saying I support her comment, I was just surprised people aren't understanding what she meant.

#21 Yea, I was modifying it. I thought at least that would have been noticed, but it's ok. Guess I could have said it differently. Down vote me wonderful humans, for I totally deserve it. Happy holidays!

Maybe she has bad memory or alzheimers and doesn't remember her getting married? Just another prospective on the situation no harm intended :)

MrZsDad 19

Is your husband a hipster? Gram could be aware of more than you.

As I read this all I can ask is why are you shopping? its christmas...

If you look at the time stamp, you'll notice this was posted a day before Christmas.

All posts have to say "Today." It could have happened last month, or a few years ago

Maybe she knows something about your husband that you don't... :D

Perhaps this was an early sign of Alzheimer's, OP? Or,maybe she was just being a troll!

I've been wearing thongs since I was 21. I'm 28 and I wear g-strings now and I'm still single. So whatever

Chances are she just forgot due to age or something. Or she could be a jokester. Regardless I'm sure explaining it to her again will jog her memory.