By really though? - 03/08/2014 22:02 - United States - Dover

Today, I was taking an order for a patron at the casino. The policy is to "pay first." After explaining this to him, he still refused to pay. After years of being polite, I finally cracked and said, "You are making this really f-ing difficult". This particular patron was our CEO's son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 809
You deserved it 14 159

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Man that sucks. But the spoiled little **** had no reason to be rude. If he was the CEOs son he would've already known the policy. He was trying to get on your nerves for sure! Sorry OP. :(

I think "I can't serve you then" would have sufficed

Comments

The customer is always right...which means you were wrong. Curse all you want at home, but at work you gotta kill 'em with kindness. YDI.

Everyone in retail will snap eventually. People are rude little bastards, working in retail shouldn't mean you people treat you like crap.

I still don't agree with it. I'm a teacher, and sure I get frustrated, but I have to be very careful about not losing my cool. If I "break", it wouldn't matter if the kid was the principal's son or not - my job would still be in jeopardy and I would be in the wrong.

The customer is never right, just whiny ******* assholes. But worse, management never have any ******* balls to stand up for their employees when dealing with abusive customers, so employees continue to get shit on and customers continue to think they're entitled jackasses in businesses.

Worked in service for 8 years, worse stuff than that can happen...never should curse at a guest. Asking them to leave works and you'll even have your job at the end of the day.

Not everyone has the option to tell someone to leave or make a manager do it, that is against many places policies anymore.

No, 33, every business has the right to refuse anyone service. Especially someone who refuses to comply with the company's policies.

badluckalex 23

gotta love public service jobs

You are in customer service, you should never swear at a customer. I've been sworn at, yelled at and abused many times, but it is my job to keep my cool and fix the problem. Sometimes being super nice to a horrible customer is the best revenge of all, because then they feel bad! :-)

draokc 9

Wrong. the job was customer service. this was a complete failure of that.

The CEO's son should have known better.

They say the customer is always right but honestly sometimes it just isn't true. Like on Not Always Right. Those are great examples. I would have done the same thing. I'm not patient.

The customer is always right is a horrible policy. It tells employees that they aren't important and let's asshole customers, probably like some you'd get at a casino, get more service than nice non-douche customers

The customer is always right; except when they're very, very wrong. Which is most of the time.

Douche alert!! Douche alert!! Douche alert

Looks like youre in a really f-ing difficult situation