By really though? - 03/08/2014 22:02 - United States - Dover

Today, I was taking an order for a patron at the casino. The policy is to "pay first." After explaining this to him, he still refused to pay. After years of being polite, I finally cracked and said, "You are making this really f-ing difficult". This particular patron was our CEO's son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 810
You deserved it 14 161

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Man that sucks. But the spoiled little **** had no reason to be rude. If he was the CEOs son he would've already known the policy. He was trying to get on your nerves for sure! Sorry OP. :(

I think "I can't serve you then" would have sufficed

Comments

that's why it is said , be polite always...

you should be patient with customers...

When my son was about 3 years old he walked up to one of my employees and said, "My dad's your boss!" My employee was smart enough to respond, "Yeah, but YOU are NOT my boss." The boss's kid needs to comply with the rules just like everyone else.

I don't care how difficult a customer is being, you don't react that way. I wouldn't fire you for walking away if you were getting to angry, I would ABSOLUTELY fire you for cursing at a customer. Whether it be the CEO's son or a bum off the street, it's completely unacceptable. I have been in customer service management for over a decade now and I've had some doosies. I've had someone threaten me physically, to which I responded I am leaving to call the police and walked away, but still managed never to curse at a customer. Cursed *about* a customer later, sure. But never, ever, at.

Well you could have refused service, called your boss and tell him about the tool who refused to pay.

That sucks but people need to show rude customers that they won't take their crap. Maybe not your way OP.

Rule 1 of customer service is never ever ever curse at a customer. No matter what. No matter how unreasonable they are... you never do that.

YDI for cursing at a customers. It's never okay to so that.