By anonymous - 10/11/2016 14:29 - United States - Lewistown

Today, I was subpoenaed on behalf of my mother-in-law. My husband said if I didn't defend her and consequently lie under oath, our marriage is over. She said, "I can get rid of two problems in one day!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 787
You deserved it 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dblogic 19

I'd be tempted to testify truthfully and let them throw her in the slammer...or slap with a huge fine...or whatever penalty she's up against. Your husband shouldn't be blackmailing you with your own marriage. WOW.

crazy_bananas 31

What the ****. Don't listen to your idiot of a husband. If you get caught lying then you face serious prison time and a hefty fine, as lying in court is a federal offense.

Comments

Sorry you're going through this OP. But you've gotten some good advice in here. Be honest no matter what the cost. Will your Bitch-in-law or asshole husband defend you if you get nailed for perjury? I think not... Tell the truth and dump those jerks if it comes to that. Your clean conscience will feel great! Good luck!!

hardattack62 5

I'd leave immediately and testify the truth.

mariri9206 32

You should tell your husband you're not going to lie under oath and break the law. If he really loves and cares about you, he'll be fine with it. If he's not fine with it and divorces you anyway, you're better off without him.

How would you like your divorce papers? Warm or cold

The marriage was over as soon as those words came out his mouth. He might be going through alot because of what's happening with his mom but there's no excuse, he can't put you in a position like that. Tell the truth or it might come back and bite you in the ass.

lee47_fml 6

Go into court, take oath to tell truth... then turn to the Judge, and say excuse me your honor, I am afraid to testify in this matter because my husband has threatened me with divorce if I don't help her, and I refuse to lie or to be threatened....but there are times that if one side is subpoenaed the other side can't take initiative and question them...but the side issuing the subpoena has no intention of calling them, and doesn't .

Get rid of two problems at once?? Damn right but for you!

If your husbands willing to risk you going to jail.... maybe YOU should be rethinking your relationship. What an ass.