By really? - 28/05/2013 08:09 - United States - Highland

Today, I was stuck home with a cold when my boyfriend's best friend sent me a text saying, "You doing alright?" I replied, thinking he was talking about my health. He replied, "I'm surprised you're taking the breakup so well." What breakup? Mine. He was ten minutes too soon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 773
You deserved it 3 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry OP. That sucks :/ but his friend seems pretty caring

His best friend seems to care more about you than he does

Comments

It was orchestrated so your (ex)BF wouldn't be the one to break up with you.

AngelicTide 11

Early bird (friend) trying to get the worm (newly exed girlfriend). But still rather sweet to check on you!

You do realize you just completely contradicted yourself, right? If he's just trying to get with her, as you said, then it's not sweet of him to check on her, it's just part of the plan to get what he wants. And if he was really trying to be nice and make sure she's okay, then he wouldn't be trying to get in her pants right after she's been dumped. It's one or the other, not both.

3rdbass 9

It's a break-up, how the **** do you think she feels?

Looks like the bf cared about you more op..

Why would HIS bestfriend ask how you were about the break-up ? Guy is trying to creep I see. I am just assuming. Get better soon OP , on both situations.

Ultimawolf25 19

Yeah...sounds like his best friend wanted to be the first to 'comfort' you. But still fyl, being sick and hearing that kind of news, though sounds like your boyfriend was a jerk anyways if he couldn't wait for a better time to do that.

A better time? She just had a cold. Colds don't kill you. Come to the Netherlands, and you'll always have some sort of cold. And when someone breaks up with someone, doesn't always mean they don't care. Maybe he isn't in love with that person anymore, and it's sad to let the person believe that he still is.

perdix 29

You should date him -- he's psychic! With that kind of power, you can play the lottery and the stock market and clean up! You can try to dump him, but he'll see that coming a mile away.

Sounds like he's playing the "caring friend" when he's just hoping to be the rebound guy. :P

perdix 29

#38, unfortunately, he made his move prematurely and committed a lane violation. The refs are awarding the ex-bf another free shot.

I see this guy has mastered the art of the rebound.