By Fridaythe12th - 15/03/2010 04:51 - United States

Today, I was so excited to finally use my $45 gift card to a hair salon. I walk up to the doors to find them locked and to look inside to see that the salon was not only closed but out of business. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 905
You deserved it 4 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aren't gift cards nice? they take something like cash, which is used anywhere, and make it useful at only one place

perdix 29

Did you ever think that whoever gave you the gift card got it for free after the company went out of business? My Xmas bonus at work was a $10,000 gift card to Circuit City :(

Comments

ChocolateTazer 0

Did a friend give it to you and say "Don't spend it all in one place"? If so, fyl.

MizzHollywood 0

well don't blame the op for waiting too long. maybe she didn't need a haircut then and wanted to wait until she needed one to use it. but yeah, this is no fml. i see no harm done in your life. and yeah, i hate gift cards. I never ask for them, only cash or credit card things. if i get gift cards i want to spend somewhere else I usually sell them to a friend or family member.

redbeater 5

YDI for going to a hair salon. Do your OWN hair lazy ass!

she's a girl.... you try cutting your own hair evenly with layers when it's past your shoulders then make your dumb comment

hey now, she said this was the first time since she got the card that she went there. Could also be that she couldn't do what she wanted with her hair, and therefore, have an expert do it.

YDI for waiting so long to use it and F the persons life who spent $45 on you for nothing. At least you didn't lose anything over it. There is nothing wrong with gift cards if done right. I personally think the only good places to give gift cards instead of cash are restaurants and entertainment (movie theaters ect). This forces the person to go out and enjoy themselves one night as a gift from you instead of just blowing it on anything. They will actually think of you when they use it as opposed to cash.

I would consider it a blessing. If they're out of business, they probably didn't give good haircuts and lost customers left and right. Wouldn't you rather have a useless gift card than a horrible haircut for a month?