By ohmigodimchokin - 19/11/2009 00:19 - United States

Today, I was sitting at lunch and started choking on a chip. I couldn't breathe and nobody tried to help me. Having to take matters into my own hands, I reached for a juice box that belonged to someone sitting next to me. After I could breathe again, they informed me that they had mono. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 119
You deserved it 5 001

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dixie_Normous 0

I dunno I think I'd rather have mono than death.

I too almost died from choking once but luckily I had my handy juicebox with me. The juicebox was able to make a small incision in my trachea and insert an empty pen thus saving my life. That juicebox and I went on to become the best of friends and we travelled the world until one day I accidently stood on him and he exploded. RIP Juicebox. I'll miss you buddy!

Comments

I too almost died from choking once but luckily I had my handy juicebox with me. The juicebox was able to make a small incision in my trachea and insert an empty pen thus saving my life. That juicebox and I went on to become the best of friends and we travelled the world until one day I accidently stood on him and he exploded. RIP Juicebox. I'll miss you buddy!

jts2 3

*sniff* .. Indeed. R.I.P., life-saving juice box. R.I.P.

What is the big deal about being gay on here? And why do so many get pissed off about it when someone proclaims it?

Because it's annoying when people point it out instead of commenting about the FML.

vod_fml 0

you should know that about 80% of people get mono while their kids without knowing, and you can only get it once. So there is only 20% chance that you will get it. Plus you mostly get it from very deep kisses. Drinking from the same glass or jucebox as somebody else is a very unlikely way to get it but it is still possible... best of luck :)

mendel_fml 0

I don't believe mononucleosis is life-threatening.

Nah. It can be if you seriously mess with it...but it's pretty rare that someone actually dies from it. But I have it now and there are things I'm not allowed to do right now because it could lead to the eruption of the enlarged spleen.

Mono itself generally not so bad, but if you develop any complications it can be pretty awful. I'm actually still getting over mono -- my case of it was especially bad, and I developed hepatitis that I'm still being treated for. Between my swollen spleen and my swollen liver, I could barely fit anything in my stomach for three weeks, and I was out of work for two months on doctor's orders. Odds are, the OP won't get it. But if she does, it'll really put the stupid, minor discomfort of choking on a chip into perspective.

mendel_fml 0

Info on mono is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis . It's actually good that the OP was told, so the doctor knows not to use antibiotics when/if it breaks out in 4-7 weeks. It's definitely not life-fuckingly bad to have contracted it, though contracting it by kissing would presumably be preferable. ;)

hahaha Did anyone else notice they said 'nobobody' :D Wooo!

CheshireHalli 19

To th guys that are saying she wasn't choking: Is it possible that it went down the wrong path in her throat (can't remember the name)? I know when that happens, liqids help, and it feels like I'm choking.

Fake. I had mono earlier this year and the doctors said I wasn't allowed to leave the house until it wasn't contagious. Your friend may have had it, but it won't matter since schools or doctors won't let you go to school until its better..

Hlessirah 3

It might actually depend on the school, becase when I was in high school, a friend had mono, and she still went to school.

It depends on the severity of the case and the school. I had mono when I was 11 and I went to school the entire time. I felt like hell, I was tired all the time, but I still went to class. I was told I only had to stay home if I developed a fever or vomited.

doctors cant KEEP you from going to school...i still went a few hours a day to keep from falling too behind. it's a lot less contagious than the common cold or flu, there's no need to be quarantined not to mention you're contagious before and after you have symptoms