By Anonymous - 19/12/2014 10:41 - United States - Athens

Today, I was shocked to notice that my hair has started growing out entirely silver, supposedly due to pregnancy. I'm 19. Apparently, according to my aunt, "It runs in the family." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 615
You deserved it 6 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Embrace it. My brother went silver at 15. He made it work for him. The chicks go bananas.

Could be worse: what if female balding ran in the family?

Comments

Hi there Rogue! That is your name isn't it? Of course you did say it was completely silver. Therefore, you're Storm. Embrace your superhero status.

You'll learn to love it. I think silver hair is really pretty.

At least it's silver and not white. My aunt had a full head of white hair at 16 been dying it since

People destroy their hair to have white/platinum blonde hair at a young age, your aunt should've embraced it :)

I would rather white than silver. My mother has beautiful white hair and I hope mine goes the same way.

It's genetic.... Check to see whether your mother's been dying her hair. Mine has been since she was 19. I never did... same thing happened to me, and I can't get pregnant.

pregnancy and 19? oh wait, that's not the main concern here but the silver hair? we gotta get our priorities straight here..

Hmmm maybe she's married? Maybe she's still going to college regardless? Sure though, don't look back on your life and reevaluate anything you've done that others would have the same ignorant response to.

Apparently ignorance runs in your family.

seriously...I was married at 18 and had my first at 19 who cares!

itcomesinthrees 10

People of different cultures have different values and lifestyles so I'm not judging. To me getting married or pregnant at 19 sounds crazy, but if that's what works for her then who am I to judge? I can't wait to have kids but I was taught that I need to have a well-established career and buy a nice family house first so I'm not quite there yet. (I think my mom would shit a brick if I had a kid before 30 anyways lol). My best friend had her daughter at 20 though and gets along very well, but she had a supportive family. Hope your family is the same as hers, OP!

My mom did the same thing. Even with mostly silver hair at almost sixty no one believes her age. If you're self conscious, after the baby) you can dye it. Congrats on baby. And good luck.

Dying your hair is so easy now and looks very realistic. Just dye your hair if it's bothering you op, of course you could probably pull it off if you wanted to.

countryb_cth 38

@37 she can't dye her hair now she's pregnant, and it would hurt the baby.

All sorts of weird stuff happens during pregnancy... Silver hair is not that bad at all!

Wow people are so rude. There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to have a baby at 19. You're done with high school and are probably mature enough by now. People need to stfu about how it's a 'bad thing'.

Infact you don't even finish puberty until age 21. So you should wait until.at least then, but its not my body she can do as she pleases. Ill just grumble to myself.

I have nothing against anyone getting pregnant after age 18. Just don't mooch off the government to do so. I like to see my tax dollars go to programs that work.

I feel that having a baby that young isn't usually a good idea, however, if they are mature enough, positive that they are ready, and are at a stable point in their life, then I don't see a problem.

Could be worse. Diarrhea is hereditary too. It runs in your jeans.