By ziggers10 - 07/04/2013 03:19 - United States

Today, I was proposed to, under the condition that I "get thin" first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 046
You deserved it 9 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That proposal deserves nothing more than rejection. You deserve nothing less than the best.

thelinlinx3 10

Comments

I hope you don't marry this guy. He's a jerk.

ViviMage 38

If he loved you, he wouldn't put conditions on marriage. I had thyroid cancer, and no thyroid at all is an uphill battle to lose weight. It's not that I binge on cookies every night. Weight loss is not just a simple overnight change, it is a lifelong battle! He may mean well for your health and life span. He is doing it wrong.

r_bruce69 19

This guy is an asshole and shouldn't be married but, I think that everyone of both genders should try to be attractive to their partner. Simple solution, lose weight if necessary.

If he really loved you he wouldn't give you that kind of condition. If your weight was extremely unhealthy than I'd understand. If he isn't physically attracted to you but you think you're fine than he isn't worth your time. Just saying.

How on earth did you end up with someone so awful? Hopefully you posting this FML means that you said no.

hahaha! time for you to hit the gym if you wanna be with the man!! or find a fat guy

DO NOT MARRY HIM! If he doesn't love you for who you are and requires you to get thin first, then screw him. He's not worth it and you can do much better then that. If he's making demands like this now, just think how he'll be when you're married. Sounds like the beginning of an abusive relationship to me.

Dear me, what a dreadful **** your betrothed sounds like.

Tact. Tact. Tact. That is the problem here. Maybe a better approach would have been, "Hey babe, will you go to the gym/on a hiking trail/cycling/what-have-you WITH me?" Personally, I believe that partners do have some degree of obligation to take care of themselves and be healthy. It's a big indicator for me. If you care enough about yourself, then you are capable enough of caring for me and we can have a healthy life together.