By Laviolette - 23/02/2012 22:01 - France

Today, I was preparing dinner for my in-laws for the first time. Nervous, I accidentally spilled the pasta into the sink. With nothing else to prepare, I quickly scooped it all back out. No-one would have been any the wiser, if the kitchen sponge hadn't shown up in the middle of the meal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 206
You deserved it 39 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can I just say how unsanitary that really is? Ew.

Comments

sbjess 8

Oh to have been there when the sponge surfaced on your mother in law's fork! I wonder if it was greeted with an awkward silence or utter outrage. No doubt she made a point to say how much she misses your husband's ex girlfriend at some time during the evening.

wildfiresgirl 7

That's disgusting! Should've ordered food in and just explained the situation or something. Accidents happen, i'm sure they would've understood. But YDI for not approaching the situation differently.

The kitchen sink has MORE germs than the bathroom! That is really disgusting!

Yum! Nothing like impressing the in-laws!

OP, are you a new bride just learning to cook? Awww! That's actually sweet that you tried. *Pats your head and gives you a cookie for your efforts.* Bless your little heart. *Looks one more time at you and walks away.* "Awww!"

kismentia 10

Now it all comes together. The killer is sneaky wife, in the kitchen, with a sponge.

ColorfulSmiles 7

I'm so sorry, but I think this is hilarious! I hope everything went well with the in-laws & that you all got a good laugh out of it!