By Anonymous - 18/03/2018 15:00

Today, as I was perusing old photos with my mother, I found one of her with a "childhood friend" at her wedding to my dad. Now I know where my green eyes and blotchy neck birthmark came from, and it's not from the man I’ve been calling "dad" for 40 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 850
You deserved it 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

'Childhood friend', more like 'Childmaking friend'

Wow. Please confront your parents about this and tell us what happened.

Comments

ThatGuy9679 13

He may have been your father but he wasn't your daddy

Lobby_Bee 17

Sucks to find out you're adopted, but your family still loves you.

Here's hoping to God that your "dad" already knows who the real dad is!

Your mother’s character may not be something to brag about OP, but here is a little bit of wisdom I can give you; Anyone can have sex and end up making a child. It takes someone who is loyal, responsible, caring, kind, and loving to raise a child and give them a home filled with love and help that child grow into an adult. Think of that ‘Childhood friend’ of your mother’s as nothing more than a sperm donor. While she may have shattered any trust you or her husband had with her, her husband is still YOUR father. He has been there for your birth, through the best times of your life and when you were sick. He was there for you and will be forever. Only a real father does that.

kujiens101 24

I’m pretty sure birthmarks aren’t genetic and you can get green eyes from quite a few eye color combinations. Your man-previously-know-as- “dad” could very well still be your father, but I would ask your mom

Surprisingly birthmarks can be genetic. Its not common but it is a weird quirk. I know people who inherited them.

maroongrad 13

Very few birthmarks have any inherited components. The more common types are completely random. And since green is recessive to brown, if either of your parents had any eye color other than very pale blue (two blues can make a green, but if they are very pale, it's almost impossible) then the green ones could easily be inherited from your parents. Could she have cheated on your dad? Yep. Is a birthmark or eye color indicative of this? No. Find some other evidence, because this isn't as convincing as you think it is.