By witt75 - 23/02/2011 18:53 - United States

Today, I was overdrawn $15 at the bank. I paid in my last $80 in cash, only for them to inform me that I've been slapped with $90 in overdraft fees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 760
You deserved it 6 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been there so I can say from experience that it is 100% your fault. If you had the cash, you should've dropped it into your account before cheques came in. Also, why didn't you just deposit $20? Then you'd at least have $60 in your pocket. If you've never overdrawn your account before, you could ask the bank to reverse the fees as a one-time courtesy.

Comments

pseudopanthers 0

Time to cancel with Bank Of America.

ulicksam 0

Unbelievable that anyone would say anything other than YDI.

x0cherriecrush 0

that happened to me before... ended up having to pay a total of 700 dollars to a bank over 15 dollars overdrawn... sorry to hear about ur unfortunate experience with a bank... I'm with a credit union now... maybe u should check into one

Overdrawing doesn't sound like much of a "feature" to me. Usually, when you have no money in the account, it just says "insufficient funds" and you get to walk out of the store all embarrassed. Why would people want to pay so much money in fees just to avoid embarrassment?

YDI. That didn't happen all at once. You should check your account regularly for any discrepancies and check your statements. If it was a check that did it, then you shouldn't have wrote it. If it was an automatic payment, you should have called the company and told them to not take it.

tuppencej777 0

How is this an FML? If you can't figure out how to balance a check book and keep track of your bank card purchases, it is your own fault.

MyLifeIsGreat_ha 0

well maybe if your werent poor this would have never happened..hahaha!!! FYL

Been there OP! It sucks large! this is why I keep no $ in the bank!