By witt75 - 23/02/2011 18:53 - United States

Today, I was overdrawn $15 at the bank. I paid in my last $80 in cash, only for them to inform me that I've been slapped with $90 in overdraft fees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 760
You deserved it 6 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been there so I can say from experience that it is 100% your fault. If you had the cash, you should've dropped it into your account before cheques came in. Also, why didn't you just deposit $20? Then you'd at least have $60 in your pocket. If you've never overdrawn your account before, you could ask the bank to reverse the fees as a one-time courtesy.

Comments

$90? Mine charged me 5c for going $35 into overdraft. Dispute it.

Don't get overdrawn! Go on direct deposit. If you get $38.50 deposited, round it in your checkbook to $35.00 or $38 even if you've got no self-control. Always let yourself think you've got less available than you actually have. It'll build up and you'll have automatic bounce insurance and not have to pay those insane fees.

emmanizzer 6

dude i'm sure he knows how to spell financial. it's just one typo, doesn't mean he needs spelling classes. i have typos all the time, especially on my iPod

yourlifesfucked 0

Thanks emmanizzer. Saved me the trouble of bitching out an e- douche. =)

us canadians also ride polar bears. and live in igloos. jealous yet?;)

Some banks will give you a loan to cover the bounced checks and all the fees associated. They don't give you the money; they deposit it into your account to bring it current. They then take a payment out monthly until you have repaid your loan.

Yes I am, now why don't you ice skate your ass back up to your log cabin and enjoy that ten month dead period?