By Hmmmm - 20/09/2012 14:58 - United States - Cleveland

Today, I was made aware that my teenage son used "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" as a reference point in a class debate as if it was a biopic. Oh dear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 593
You deserved it 2 910

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theten_fml 9

Abe Lincoln freed the slaves after he returned from hunting vampires on his unicorn.

If Abraham Lincoln had actually gone around killing sparkly vampires, he'd have been my hero for TWO reasons.

Comments

your son needs slapped with a history book.

I'd like to believe Lincoln hunted vampires. It would make American history so much more interesting.

Boygenius50 8

That's disgraceful. We all know Honest Abe hunted werewolves.

Yeah. I mean, how could your son get Abraham Lincoln, werewolf hunter, mixed up with William Gladstone, vampire slayer?

Looks like he's either highly creative or you've raised one hell of an idiot...

Iknowsomestuff 9

I don't know which is worse, that the kid really thought Abe hunted vampires or that he really thinks there are vampires to hunt.

Boygenius50 8

If there WERE vampires to hunt, you best believe Lincoln would have been a pretty badass vampire hunter.

Abraham Lincoln: Freed the slaves, killed vampires, and wore an awesome hat. He is my hero.

HeyArnold91 8

Dot forget the beard! The beard was greatness!

Well it is common knowledge that was was quite the accomplished vampire hunter, just a rarely used fact! LoL

How foolish of your son! Everyone knows that Abraham Lincoln didn't slay vampires...he trained his army of werewolves to do it for him. Sheesh! Good luck with that kid of yours!

Give him credit for skill and creativity haha:p

Hurt him. That kind of stupidity doesn't go unpunished.

Right you are. Ignorance is best treated with violence. Get the guillotine ready if he ever makes a mistake in maths.

I concur. This is just plain ridiculous. I couldn't imagine allowing my children to grow up so stupid.

Yeah erianna, if they don't know something, just beat the stupid out of them! If they don't grow up stupid, try might as well grow up violent and abusive, right? Don't have children.

Did I say bludgeon, maim or, kill him. No. Smack him upside the head for using that particular resource in an academic setting.

ForeverAloneGal: That will still accomplish nothing. Just TELL him to use legitimate sources, or at least ones that aren't from a fictional movie. Smacking him on the head, no matter how much he deserves it, will do nothing. Also, next time be more specific. 'Hurt him' provides a very wide spectrum of violence.

Lol I wouldn't actually beat my children but they would be sitting at the desk with history books for days. That is more of a suitable punishment. I have 2 kids and neither are this dumb because as a good parent I sit with them and help them. It's important that children learn at a young age what is real and fake.

Wow, maninthemachine, you sure let that troll reel you in like a trout.