By :'( - 09/09/2015 03:34 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I was let go from my dream job for requesting Photoshop as well as Illustrator. I was hired to create marketing materials. Guess I should have just used Paint. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 731
You deserved it 1 640

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Most companies want the work to be done quickly and efficiently but don't want to pay for the tools to properly do them! Don't tolerate cheap companies like that, find the one that gives you the proper tools to do your job properly! I have faith in you and good luck!

exoticDeath 20

Well screw them. Let their marketing be trash stick figures drawn by idiots. Don't waste your talents/skills on them. I'm sure someone as professional as you will easily get the job at a better nicer company.

Comments

What could you have possibly done with those programs that you couldn't use with cardboard and crayons??? But seriously though, keep looking. If they're that stupid to expect miracles without giving you any tools, that's on them.

that's okay, you'll get another job at another company that won't be cheap! people like you are needed

It's a little late now but use GIMP it's free and does about the same thing...

Use GIMP (basically the same as PS but free) or Paint.NET (less advanced but still better than Paint and still free)

Little late now, but in spite of paying such high amount of money, I'm inclined to using Adobe Photoshop Portable. It's free.

some companies expect you to own the software

ber4fun 23

You get what you pay for in a lot of circumstances and this company is about to find that out the hard way.

ber4fun 23

You get what you pay for in a lot of circumstances and this company is about to find that out the hard way.

So many softwares are free in China, including PS,AutoCAD,3Dmax and so on.Of course they are pirate verions,but they works the same as the originals.hope you can find them on the internet, use BT search maybe?

graceinsheepwear 33

I would not be allowed to load pirated software or even my own software onto a company computer. Any software loaded would require an administrator password, which only IT has.

They didn't deserve you dude.. Take a chill pill and remember its their loss.