By imma ture - 10/08/2015 17:04

Today, I was involved in a debate. Things got out of control, insults were hurled, and by the end friends were lost. The subject of the debate? Whether snot has enough calories in it to be nutritional. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 920
You deserved it 6 070

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well actually snot itself does not boost your immune system but rather it is the first response of the immune system. The first response is not antigen specific and just keeps out all intruding substances. The mucus traps the bacterium and then sends it out via the nose and that is why it is not smart to swallow or sniff back in your mucus.

Comments

No it does not. But it does however boost your immune system

Well actually snot itself does not boost your immune system but rather it is the first response of the immune system. The first response is not antigen specific and just keeps out all intruding substances. The mucus traps the bacterium and then sends it out via the nose and that is why it is not smart to swallow or sniff back in your mucus.

psychopolarbear 28

#9 makes a good point, but it has also been proven that digesting the bacteria in your mucus does improve your immune system. This operates in the same way that when an infant puts everything in their mouths, it exposes them to a multitude of the germs around them and gives their body a chance to break it down. This helps the immune system fight off invasions of such germs in the future. So, technically speaking, eating your own snot can be beneficial, just as long as you don't go full idiot and purposely ingest so much that you vomit. As always, moderation is key, even when we're talking about knocking back nose leakage.

RedPillSucks 31

you're all flaming idiots and I'm not gonna be friends with you any more!!!!

i see you everywhere and that Jiraiya picture gets me every damn time xD it's great

That my friend, is how the debate started.

xKrisSmoove 21

Another question is, what side was OP on?

Yeah, please don't leave us hanging. That's why there's tissues.

That's just a weird subject to be arguing about when you could've just googled it

Clearly you've never argued over stupid stuff. It ruins the fun if you google it

Wow just google everything I bet 50 percent is wrong

1dvs_bstd 41

Was waiting for this lame comment.. Really?? Reallyyy? Because OP made it absolutely clear that both parties were at fault.

1dvs_bstd 41

That snot a good reason to lose friends, everyone nose that ;P

Why do people insist on putting things at the end of jokes to make it apparent that it's a joke? Especially with puns, personally that stuff just ruins it for me.

This seems like a completely rational and productive way to spend time with friends.

1dvs_bstd 41

I would like to know how such debate could possibly go that far.

countryb_cth 38

Probably no internet connection.