By Anonymous - 03/10/2012 04:39 - United States - Portland

Today, I was involved in a 5-way conversation about the movie Inception. I nodded and agreed with things that were said, but couldn't admit that despite having seen it 4 times, I still haven't the foggiest idea of how to explain what it's about. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 602
You deserved it 21 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

It's not a confusing film but it does require some thought and intelligence to watch. People are too used to the mindless rubbish that the movie industry churns out and they no longer engage their brains when watching things.

I missed the 30 mins but it was still a good movie. If y'all are wondering how I miss the last 30 minstrel, Strikeforce MMA was coming on.

An idea that was planted in a dream within a dream within a dream so that the son that inherites his fathers company goes down "his own" path with it. The deeper you go the more.dangerous it is to die because you go into an almost trapped (considering he found a way out) world known as limbo. A man agrees to do this to see his children whose mother went crazy and commited suicide because they were trapped in "limbo" and he planted an idea himself (to get out?) in her. What I got from it was that the police blamed him and he ran. But that's what I got from it, off the top of my head, from awhile of not being seen. That's the closest I can get from memory.

If you want a basic explanation, I'd just say it was a heist movie set in a guy's dreams. For a more detailed explanation, obviously everyone else has explained it better than me.

Baustigt - That was either beautifully strange or strangely beautiful. Or strangfully beautific. Or something.

Sounds like your not to smart and they can't fix stupid yet but hang in there for now

God i love people with nothing better to do then make a private account for the soul purpose of insulting other people because they live in their mothers basement to scared to go out into the daylight.

I watched it twice and I've come to the conclusion it only makes since when you're high

It's about a dream in a dream in a dream in a dream, induced by some kind of machine and the dream world imagined by people, but in the past Leo confused the dream world with reality and lived in the dream world with his wife for ages, until they finally realized it isn't real and woke up. Back in the real world, his wife thought that the reality is still a dream and jumped out of the window to her death. Leo gets accused of murdering his wife and is wanted in the states. While he's residing in Paris, some Chinese guy wants to rip off some rich heir by trying to convince him to sell his family's business, through the dream. He convinces Leo to do this for him with his 'team' in return for his freedom back home.

If its the ending your dazzled about, here's what really happens: it doesn't matter whether he's dreaming or not, the point is he's not even looking at it; to him it's real, he's moved on. The whole point of Inception generally is planting an idea in someone's head. And I believe that's exactly what Christopher Nolan did. He planted the last scene in our head, making us argue about whether it was a dream or not, and this debate still goes on and on; Nolan did inception on us.