By Anonymous - 03/10/2012 04:39 - United States - Portland

Today, I was involved in a 5-way conversation about the movie Inception. I nodded and agreed with things that were said, but couldn't admit that despite having seen it 4 times, I still haven't the foggiest idea of how to explain what it's about. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 602
You deserved it 21 632

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Stand infront of a mirror, slightly to the side, and have another mirror to your back. Squint your eyes a little and start talking to yourself while looking at your endless reflections. You have just made your own little world of inception without the fear of not waking up in time.

rebel_belle1974 5

just go to IMDB.com and read it

andrealovvve 17
Trisha_aus 15

Memento or actually almost all Nolan movies mindfuck you in one way or another...honestly, inception is not THAT confusing.

agonydrum 7

I truly don't understand what's so confusing about it, they use a persons dreams to enter their subconscious mind and go deeper and deeper so they can plant an idea that the person will think was their own, obviously it's not really possible but it doesn't seem very hard to follow

I understood it perfectly the first time I watched it, it ******* love it, it's just one of those movies you have to be on your toes the entire time otherwise you'll get lost. Christopher Nolan is my idol

It's not confusing if you watch it at surface level. It's when you start to look deeper into the sub levels of the meaning of the movie is when you start to get mind ******.

Well, inception was a pretty bad movie. How did you get into this conversation?

Was it bad because you didn't understand it?

34, how about the bad acting? Or the shit writing? But it can all be summed up by "it tries too hard."

I wish I could be a poet, But I can't rhyme. This is my attempt. Godammit it sucks.

kglo 7

I'm with you. That movie makes no sense.

Obviously you're just too damn pleb to understand it.

kglo 7

Obviously you're hampered by your complete lack of social skills

How about a haiku... Haikus are easy But sometimes they don't make sense Refrigerator

Kaleigh090 11

I think the entire thing is a dream. I don't think he woke up after trying the new sleep potion. If you pay attention, when he goes to the bathroom after he wakes up, you see Mal in the window in the background. Also, he spins the top but then drops it and picks it up before it can stop spinning. Therefore, he dreamt the whole thing.

<spoiler> Do you remember the very end when he spun the spinning top and after a few seconds, it started to wobble? I think the end was meant to be up to the viewers' interpretations. I personally think he finally woke up, but ... you may think differently. That was the point of the ending, after all. </spoiler> P.S. For all those who don't like movie endings spoiled, it would be wise for you to not read a thread that is exclusively about that movie. Pointer!

Kaleigh090 11

I do agree that the ending was important for that same reason and originally thought the same as you. But, after watching it for the fifth (or so) time, I noticed Mal in the background of the bathroom scene. That made me believe otherwise. As you said though, it all depends on an individual's interpretation.

Hehe, yeah. I'll give it another run and see if I can notice what you noticed. It's always good to get a different perspective! :D

myfamilyisnuts 0

Yeah the ending is totally up to interpretation. But considering he's where he wanted to be he would not want to see how the top finishes spinning. He shud destroy it so he'll never know the truth.

IT IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND IT!