By cls_x - 24/02/2013 07:53 - United States - Riverview

Today, I was holding the door open for a friend. She told me to wait a second because she had to finish a text. Nearly a minute passed before I asked why she wouldn't come inside to finish typing. We were at a Chinese restaurant. She thought the "No MSG" sign meant you couldn't text inside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 429
You deserved it 4 018

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least she won't be rudely texting while you are dining.

oj101 33

MSG is one of several forms of glutamic acid found in foods. Because glutamic acid is pervasive in nature, being an amino acid. Seeing as the US doesn't ban/regulate them like Europe does, restaurants put up a no MSG sign. Basically, it's an additive.

Comments

Nikkitaria 9

People seem to be confusing stupidity for ignorance. Everybody is ignorant about plenty of things. This is why it's so difficult for many people to reach out and ask questions. They are afraid of being wrong, as if making a mistake is the worst thing that could happen. It's this exact type of reaction that is setting us back.

I agree. I'm still a novice at my job, but I often find myself afraid to ask a question, because the environment where I work is such that someone who asks a question is often ridiculed. I feel like it's really holding me back in my training.

perdix 29

#56, you should probably suck it up and ask your questions. The ridicule you take will be compared to the ass-chewing you'll get for a major ignorant ****-up. I hate that kind of environment!

I usually try to find the answer in the manuals, which is really a better way to learn anyway. If I still can't find the answer and it's something I really need to know, I take someone aside and ask them in private. I'm usually pretty selective about who I ask in private too. I'm getting by, but it does make things harder. There's a lot of ****** up things about where a work. There are times I wish I wasn't under contract.

And this is what the majority of our world is made up of..

ColbyGB 13
sirjuice35 11

oh wow.... you can't be serious.

Actually... I wouldn't be surprised if I made the same mistake.. what DOES it mean?

MSG is monosodium glutamate. It's something Chinese restaurants are known to put in their food (so much it was actually a vocab word in my Chinese class when we were learning about food). To be honest, I also would not have known about it unless I took Chinese (although I know what SMS is).

Have you not read ANY of the other comments on here? The same question was asked and answered at least 5 times.

kennaem1 11

So many unneeded periods in this post.

CountryBum 6

This is why I worry about my generation and the ones coming after it. We are all screwed if this is what makes up the world.