By cls_x - 24/02/2013 07:53 - United States - Riverview

Today, I was holding the door open for a friend. She told me to wait a second because she had to finish a text. Nearly a minute passed before I asked why she wouldn't come inside to finish typing. We were at a Chinese restaurant. She thought the "No MSG" sign meant you couldn't text inside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 428
You deserved it 4 018

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least she won't be rudely texting while you are dining.

oj101 33

MSG is one of several forms of glutamic acid found in foods. Because glutamic acid is pervasive in nature, being an amino acid. Seeing as the US doesn't ban/regulate them like Europe does, restaurants put up a no MSG sign. Basically, it's an additive.

Comments

I had no idea what the sign meant either to be honest.

Oh please do give me more thumbs down. I'm from Denmark and I've never seen such a sign.

chriswright1888 10

I would have just shut the door and left her too text. Probably texting her doctor for a test for signs of a concussion, anyway. FYL.

Sounds like your friend is a few puppies short of a pet shop.

this is the most adorable version of that sentiment I've ever seen.

A few sandwiches short of a picnic...a few furries short of a convention...there are many clever ways around it :)

than go ahead and join a different species if you think you're too good for this one. people make mistakes.

Then** Right then, off to go be a kangaroo.

She seems a little on the dim-sum side of things....better not let her use the chopsticks, op, she might put her eye out!!

OP you need to take her phone and give it back after lunch

perdix 29

Oh, I thought it meant the place was not Madison Square Garden. Ever since Jeremy Lin came along, stupid people think all Asians are pro basketball players.

At she respected what she though were the rules