By ali - 03/07/2012 11:51 - United States - Livingston

Today, I was having an argument with my girlfriend in front of our friends. I didn't want her to spoil my good time, so I ignored her until she disappeared. She re-appeared thirty minutes later just to throw a punch that would make Muhammad Ali jealous. Our friends' reaction? They clapped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 318
You deserved it 46 680

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saIty 17

I think she just made you her bitch. Now go make her a sandwich.

perdix 29

Float like a butterfly Sting like a bee Now your balls Belong to a she.

Comments

Finnick_fml 12

.. did you really have to argue in front of your friends? There are better places for that; it's incredibly obnoxious when people scream at each other around others not involved in the argument, and it just makes it seem like you have no proper manners :I Be mature and discuss it at home.

Even more immature to knock your boyfriends face in during the argument.

twisted_cherub 14

He was trying not to argue in front of their friends. That's why he ended up ignoring her. Sounds like she's the immature one--continuing to fight in front of others and then, when she realizes he's not going to be pulled back into the argument, she storms off (I'm assuming a girl like that didn't leave quietly) only to come back and use physical violence. This is not a mature adult we're talking about.

Octwo 16

23, I have met quite a few psych patients that disprove that theory.

KrazyKatz3 26

He could have told her "honey I know you're upset but we will talk about this l Are because it's not appropriate to argue in front of these people" but he completely ignored her when she was upset. Yes it is not acceptable that she resorted to physical violence but the OP is not completely in the clear

Deannie88 6

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She is just immature as he is, I don't see how she's a keeper.

Deannie88 6

Ever heard of sarcasm? Like anyone here actually thinks he's gonna stay with her...

Ever heard of an "over-used meme"?

I can assume good time with friends is ruined?

I feel bad for your friends. How immature to fight in front of them.

Blechy 2

Well isn't she just a peach?

Float like a butterfly, sting like a beeotch

fukthisss 5

You should of just asked to deal w/ the problem later, not just pretend she didn't exist.

MindFreakazoid 10

I believe you mean HAVE. Not of.

She needs to address issues at a later time, and you need to let her know it's not the time nor place for an argument... Tell her the issue will still be there when you guys leave the party. But damn, she did to you, what meg did to Peter after she came home from prison. She made you her BITCH!! You got knocked the eff out!!!

You're really childish if your way to end an argument is to just ignore someone. "You got knocked the **** out!" -Friday

He was trying not to argue in front of his friends. She refused to be understanding, he resorts to ignoring her. She throws a temper tantrum, he gets KO'd. She's the childish one here, not OP.

Rather than ignoring her, he could have took her into a separate room and told her this wasn't the time or place.

He could have, but ignoring her doesn't mean the op is immature. He was just unfortunate that his girlfriend is immature and punched him in the face.

Grown-ups talk things out. Usually people who are old enough for a significant other have grown out of the thing that kids do when they put their hands over their ears and scream "I'M NOT LISTENING! I'M NOT LISTENING! LALALALALALA!". Theoretically, of course.