By babyscarface - 12/06/2016 15:48 - United States - Orange

Today, I was grabbed and romantically kissed at the crowded carnival. Unfortunately, it was not by my husband but instead it was a complete stranger, in front of my husband and children. Now, my husband will not talk or believe that I didn't know the man, and my children think I'm a cheater. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 269
You deserved it 1 621

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Great support when you've been indecently assaulted. Tell your husband to grow a pair and stop victim blaming.

What the hell is going on with all the people just kissing, proposing and other stuff to people they don't even know? Is this some new, dumb social "challenge" phenomenon, or are people just being especially jackassish this month?

Comments

I hope you reported it to the police, but even if you didn't it is NOT your fault. It must be very upsetting and confusing for your family, but they need to also realize YOU were the victim of this, not a participant. They witnessed it, yes, but you went through it. I hate seeing people think doing something like kissing a complete stranger without consent is "romantic" or some bullshit.. No matter what, you need CONSENT. I don't care if you're happy, excited, if it's a "joke", or celebration, you don't have a right to force anything on someone.

for some reason this reminds me of the early seasons of Nurse Jackie.

Your husband is a jackass. If he doesn't have faith in you, that's incredibly unfair. He should at least let you explain.

It's very disturbing that even the people who are victims of assault or rape that wrote a comment here are being attacked by many here because their experiences don't compare to being grabbed and kissed romantically at a carnival in front of their family. Please read the post first and be more compassionate or sympathetic towards everyone. Respect everyones comment and opinion. You don't have to agree with anyone but many have mentioned verbal abuse that can be considered assault. Which many are doing here because they consider OP's incident worse than those victims of sexual assault or rape.

Today, I was at a carnival and grabbed my wife to kiss her and after I kissed her I realized she wasn't my wife. In front of her family. FML.

I'll be honest, 3 things bother me about this post. 1) she called it romantic, not "I was assaulted" but "I was romantically kissed". 2) she makes no mention of actually trying to stop the alleged stranger by saying something like "I tried pushing him away" 3) the husband didn't do anything to help her, or deck the guy after it happened In short, while I agree with others about the seriousness of sexual assault, in this case, I think the poster just loves attention

so wait he did nothing? that guy would of been laid out

Could he have been a carnival performer mingling in the crowd, promoting a centre stage performance later in the day perhaps? Maybe check with the organisers. And FYL indeed, no one wants that

since she says it was romantic, we can assume it wasnt an awkward moment where shes fighting the guy off but rather was into it and enjoyed it. If i saw my girl fighting off a guy who randomly kissed her of course i would step in. but if shes all into it an accepting it, well I would also assume foul play. we shouldnt judge the guy. also people online dont always post 100% the truth. she might be omitting something or altering it to look like the victem and make her husband look like an ass, all to feel good about something.

Or she froze up in shock and horror? And romantic was probably used to show it wasn't a little peck or friendly greeting, it was a full blown kiss.

#63 So basically what you are saying is that it's romantic to be assaulted? Because that is what many people here are saying this incident is. And stop assuming that OP froze in shock. It's not stated anywhere in the post and OP has not updated more information.

Where the **** do you get I was trying to call it romantic?! I was actually trying to ******* argue that it wasn't, it was just used to show it wasn't a simple peck rather than trying to claim what happened was romantic. And guess what? Being frozen in shock is extremely common. A lot more ******* common and logical than the op being assaulted in front of her family and liking it or even participating!

People react in different ways after being assaulted. Some even commit suicide, but you keep repeating that maybe OP froze because that is a common reaction. It isn't stated anywhere. And why would anyone including OP describe this incident as something romantic. Don't see anything sarcastic about OP's post. But you seem to find nothing wrong with what OP decided to write to describe the incident. You honestly believe that people who have been assaulted in worse ways use the word romantic anywhere when they have to describe the horror or horrors that they have gone through?

Because people are trying to say if you don't fight then you like it or are willing! How the **** is that not ****** up? Op described the TYPE of kiss. If she did not put that how many do you think would be asking if it was just a peck or friendly greeting kiss?? Op was sexually assaulted and yet here are these comments saying its her fault if she didn't fight him off, she must have liked it, she used the word romantic so apparently that means she wasn't assaulted or that she must have liked this. Someone describes being sexually assaulted and here people are tearing her apart. FOR SPEAKING ABOUT IT. You talk in another post about respecting experiences and being compassionate yet here you are!

Don't get me wrong. I have not said anything to offend OP. I have a problem with the words she used to describe this unfortunate incident. You say that she's being ripped apart here. Sorry but I have to disagree with you. Majority of the people here agree that OP was assaulted. Only a few are implying that she didn't fight back or respond in a different manner. That is a prime example that people respond differently and don't always freeze up as you are saying. I'm not judging or being unfair or insensitive towards OP, just don't like the way she decided to post her unfortunate incident. It would be great if OP updated some more information about this incident.

Hey, wiseass. A "romantic" kiss implies that it was a open-mouthed kiss, instead of a platonic kiss on the check or chaste peck on the lips. No one is saying that assault is 'romantic,' including OP. Different types of kisses tend to be sorted into different categories, that's simple social rules, and I'm getting the impression that you're digging for a reaction. As for your "we don't know OP froze up" argument- we don't know that she DIDN'T freeze up, so by your own logic your own argument is equally invalid as you are saying the 'froze up' argument. Also, here's some actual, truthful information about assault, especially any kind of sexual assault. Sexual assaults take the form of actions that are designed to trigger pleasure, because that's how sexual contact works. Even IF OP did get some sort of physical enjoyment out of the attack, it doesn't disqualify the attack from being an attack. Victims of sexual assault can wind up having orgasms- it doesn't change the fact they were assaulted. You may as well say what you're dancing around the bush about, that you're one of those idiots that thinks, "Oh you had physical pleasure from the event? Well you obviously wanted it then, so you weren't REALLY attacked." Almost all of your comments are inflammatory or baiting, so I have a strong suspicion that you're saying stuff specifically to make people mad and upset, by doing like so many people do, and trying to shift the blame away from the attacker onto the victim. Do you ever get tired of failing so badly at simple logic, or do you just get pissy when people get tired of you?

Read your comment again and see if you make any sense. You talk about logic? A kiss is a kiss. Now you bring up that OP might have enjoyed it. She was assaulted, never said she didn't. One can only assume based on the information on the fml post by OP. So who's the idiot. You have no facts, you were not a witness. A lot of the stuff you put up here is bias towards OP, nothing wrong with that. This other person said she froze up or might have froze up? Not stated. Now you want to add that victims of assault get some pleasure and even ******. You're an idiot because now you are implying that OP might have liked what happened to her. Is that what you're saying? You have a lot of logic and makes a lot of sense. You didn't imply anything it must be fact. Yet it is not stated by OP. So a lot of the things you said can only be assumptions unless it actually happened to OP.

wether she was assaulted or not is not the issue, the issue is that her husband and children don't trust her now..that really hurts..OP, don't take it too hard, laugh it off and say you really didn't know the guy, tell your children you'll never leave them for that gipsy or whatever circus folk and tell them you love them, your husband might have jealousy issues, but give him some time to think it over, I'd he accepts you are the best thing that could happen to him and be thankful that you don't leave him, he will soon return to being happy, every moment with each other should be a gift you all cherish, maybe this experience was just what the doctor prescribed, OP!