By JimmyJazzNJ - 12/04/2009 02:51 - United States

Today, I was giving a tour on campus when one of my friends approached us and said "Don't go here, the weed's too expensive." and walked away. Thinking he's coming back to say he's joking, he instead says "Just kidding, its really cheap." and walked away. I may or may not still have a job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 828
You deserved it 5 102

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SpunkT 0

Yeah why would you be responsible for having an idiot friend? Also you could have just said something to the effect of "Don't mind him, he's an idiot" and pretend he's not your friend. And then later tell him not to bother you when you're working cause it's really rude.

I do stupid things like this all the time to my friends. You need to lighten up and relax about it.

Comments

Anyone who thinks this is funny doesn't know what it's like to be a tour guide. I take my job VERY seriously, and I don't like it when my friends try to **** with me. Nevertheless, I doubt your boss will find out, right? And it's not like you can control your friends, though I would have a talk with him about what's appropiate...

look who's getting all Mr. Policeman on u!! hahaha..

I hope you don't work as a person who gives tours if you can't speak English well.

deliciouskaek 1

If that guy had said "Can I get some weed? Same as usual, dude.", that could have been a problem - he'd then have been implicating you. Otherwise, this is not FML-worthy, since you can't be held responsible for someone else being a dick.

lmao212 0

lol that is something me and my friends would do...but that sucks lol

tiltwrestler 0

This is why college is a joke. An establishment becomes an institution when the burden of proof is no longer on why you SHOULD attend, but rather on why you SHOULDN'T attend! Statistically, too many people attend college, for the number of white-collar jobs available for what the people are trying to get. There's too many people sitting at crappy jobs with their fancy diplomas. Not to mention the bad influence of drugs, as well as the high costs and wasted time, of college life. College has ceased to become a necessary enlightening, educational option for the few, and is now nothing more than a high-priced, drug-laden, babysitting option for the masses. Instead of college, we need harder programs in actual grade school, as well as career-specific training, and we also need more businessman and entrepreneurs to boost our economy- you know, people taking the initiative and getting things started. Sh*t isn't going to happen if many millions of people graduate college with degrees, and then they look around and there is relatively few spots for people to employ them! We need balance. The short version: college is a waste, and too many people attend it. It's overused and a drain on our economy, and is adding to the national deficit.

ahahahahahahah totally something that could happen at my campus xD

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahashahah

JoshBarblahblah 0

#17 I'm afraid that I have to disagree with you. College is still a great investment for people, as can be seen in the wage gaps between college educated individuals and everyone else. Career-specific training? You've got to be kidding. The purpose of public education is not to provide students with the gateway into a specific career, but rather to produce a generation of people capable of functioning in our society. Also, as the economy has become more global, job competition has become much greater. You need to have as many qualifications as possible in order to succeed.

He/she could get fired for that. A girl on my hall was nearly fired from her job as a tour guide for something similar. It sucks, but it still happens.

thatoneguy1812 0