By Professional - 29/05/2017 14:00

Today, I was fed up with things being taken from my room so I installed a key-locking handle on my door. I installed everything but the door knobs, and because I was worried that I would put the two of them on backwards, I closed the door to check. I'm now locked in my room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 235
You deserved it 4 051

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Being locked in your room isn't so bad. R. Kelly was trapped in the closet for like 30 songs.

You know you can stick a screwdriver into the square hole in the bolt mechanism and turn that to actuate the bolt right? That's all a doorknob does is rotate that little square hole and in turn pull in the bolt allowing the door to open.

Comments

I suppose your concerns were definitely warranted then.

Being locked in your room isn't so bad. R. Kelly was trapped in the closet for like 30 songs.

You know you can stick a screwdriver into the square hole in the bolt mechanism and turn that to actuate the bolt right? That's all a doorknob does is rotate that little square hole and in turn pull in the bolt allowing the door to open.

Well, on the bright side, no one will take you now!

As least you are locked IN rather then out so you can call or google help!

It worked! Your things won't get taken anymore because you're there guarding them. I admire your commitment to the security of inanimate objects.

zeffra13 31

I'm guessing only one side is lockable.

thunderniron 22

Seriously? I can open one of those with my finger if there's no doorknob on it? You definitely deserve it.

zeffra13 31

If you try this again in the future, install the knobs and try turning them when the door is open to see if the lock works. Be sure to check both knobs so you know which side locks, or if both lock.