By Anonymous - 23/03/2016 01:36 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I was driving to work and I got a text from my girlfriend. She said she was breaking up with me. I was a little heartbroken, but I had to get on with my day. I got to work and my boss fired me. Turns out, my boss and girlfriend have been having an affair and she told him to fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 702
You deserved it 1 609

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow today is not your day, but I'm pretty sure that is not legal.

Go to HR. If he had no other reason than your ex telling him to fire you, go to HR.

Comments

Publikwerks 14

What a dumbass boss. I mean, he may be completely in his rights to fire you, but thats the type of stuff that sends someone over the edge.

In Canada, it is illegal to fire someone without reason after a 90 day "trial."

Publikwerks 14

I didn't notice the Canada tag... That's cool. OP, SUE THE SHIT OUT OF EM! TAKE ALL HIS POUTINE AND TOQUES!

SilentSin 23

Hang in there OP. Soon you'll be the one she regretted leaving, and you'll have a better job with a better boss. Hope everything works out for ya.

I'll quote deadpool. "Kill him" "kidnap her"

OP needs to follow the advice of Mr. Pool.

Aurorial 6

I'd sue cause i really doubt they can do that, and sue her for doing that and cheating.

That's technically illegal. I wouldn't want to work there anymore but you should still talk to someone about that

If you don't understand the law, quit saying it's illegal. You sound stupid. If OP lives in an at will employment state, he's screwed and his boss is safe, at least from a legal standpoint.

Take your own advice, op is from Canada, so not a State. Also, that is illegal in Canada.

Seeing as my app doesn't display the location, it was reasonable to assume that the post was from the US, as the vast majority of posts are.

There's still many FMLs from all over, enough to make it dumb to assume.

22, you could have looked at half of the comments that were posted before yours to find that the OP is from Canada. Or you could take your own advice and not comment when you don't understand the law as it pertains to the OP. :)

That is such bullshit. There's a special place in hell for people like your ex. I hope you find someone worthy of you in the future op, and I hope you can get a better job as well