By Anonymous - 02/01/2016 07:04 - United States - Burbank

Today, I was driving a little over the speed limit, when I saw a cop car waiting to join the road ahead of me. I quickly hit the brakes so they wouldn't have a payday with me. I hit the brakes too hard, lost control and almost ended up on someone's lawn. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 552
You deserved it 25 221

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lolhailsatan 23

If you were only going "a little" over, you should know you dont need to slam on the brakes to go back under. So either you were going more than a little, or you're just a dumb driver. YDI

I'm sorry but as I read your FML, I feel like you're among those who causes traffic and road accidents. YDI.

Comments

corky1992 33

You definitely deserved that one. You don't slam on your brakes just because you see a cop.

FalloutScrolls 25

It's drivers like you who cause accidents. Hitting the brakes hard because you were going "a little over" the speed limit isn't gonna save you from a ticket, because odds are the cop observed you speeding before you saw his car. I'm glad you didn't crash due to your overreaction, but still, YDI.

YDI for slamming on the brakes! You know that can causes serious injuries and damages. Shame on you op

scrollingthru 10

I just use cruise control at 4 over the limit. I can pass cops all day and they don't pull u over.

Set my cruise to 10 over passing through Charlotte, NC. Two state troopers followed right behind my car for a while before passing. Guess if they can't get me going at least 15 over, they aren't going to bother xD As far as "life hacks" go... I am so bitter about this new trend in the English language.

yeah where I live I drive 65 down a 55 road because that's not that fast, compared to the cars that pass me going at least 75. On that road a cop wont pull you over for anything less than 70, because I'm often passed by people doing 80-85 all the time.

I pass cops all the time. I hate people who will drive at the same speed as the cop and block traffic. So long as you aren't driving like a maniac then they'll leave you alone.

As someone about to revive their license, this is quite unnerving!

Sounds like a valuable lesson in how to drive a frickin car

dancerkatie95_fml 20

Look on the bright side at least you didn't get a ticket!

He probably did honestly, for speeding and/or reckless driving. He might have just run out of characters to say so.

AletheDefender 15

Maybe Jesus isn't such a great copilot

Usually why you just let go of the gas. One, the lights are a give away that you may have been speeding. Two...well.. you know.

A little over speed limit would mean that just raising your foot would make your vehicle go back to the limit. If you have to brake you were going a way over the speed limit.