By Anonymous - 07/06/2014 05:15 - United States - Charlotte

Today, I was disciplined by my boss for "not smiling enough." I'm a dishwasher. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 394
You deserved it 4 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Indianboy9321 25

Smile the shit out of your face while you wash the shit out of those dishes like no one else!

MAD01502 20

Comments

I wonder if he disciplines the kettle or the coffee machine for not smiling enough either.

Try to fake a exaggerate smile whenever you meet him, until he feels uncomfortable, and can't help wondering why you are smiling at him for no reason.

Lol for just second I got confused and I thought you were saying you were an appliance

Well with smart appliances these days, it'll be only a matter of time before they gain a form of sentience and the ability to post on FML.

you should be happy no matter what you are doing, your employed.

YDI. I imagine you work in a restaurant, which is customer-facing even if you are not. Your bad attitude will rub off on others who do face customers. That is why your boss disciplined you. I work in a casino and am subject to the same standards. Shut up and smile.

I feel for ya man dishwashing is never exciting

My boss yelled at me for not smiling enough too...I'm a fridge

KatyLarae 13

Smile so much your boss gets creeped out and changes his mind

91hayek 31

I'm one of those random people who doesn't mind doing dishes. Of course, running them through those industrial dishwashers is much more entertaining than washing them manually. However, there's nothing to constantly smile about. Sounds like the boss is just fishing for reasons to discipline people. Try not to take it personally.

cjwayy 22

When I first read this I automatically thought that OP was saying that they are a dishwasher. An actual home appliance dishwasher. I need to sleep.