By Anonymous - 02/09/2015 13:29 - United Kingdom

Today, I was diagnosed with depression. My girlfriend's idea of consoling me was to break up with me because she can't date a "psycho". FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 776
You deserved it 2 189

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TomeDr 24

You don't need her. You need someone who is a lot more compassionate.

Thats crazy. Im so sorry, not much of a loss if that was her reason for breaking up with you.

Comments

Someone like that - so closed minded, uneducated, and unaccepting of humans for...being human... - are truly quite toxic and can actually hinder the recovery and therapy process. It's likely impossible to see at the moment, but she's done you a tremendous favor. Best to you, OP.

Ninjerman 7

Good riddance! She obviously didn't deserve you anyway!

Steffi3 40

It probably won't feel like it now, but you're better of without her. If you need someone to talk to, you can shoot me a message. Depressions are tough.

tiredofwaiting 25

Blessing in disguise. You don't need someone who is ignorant about mental health issues. You need someone who will support you even when things get really rough. Don't dwell on it too much it's her lost not yours.

I'm sociopathic and my boyfriend broke up with me when he found out. It's angering how much a word can change someone's opinion of you.

9ine 2

Not surprised that you would be depressed while dating someone like that.

I think she was saying that he left her because of her depression?