By NoNotCats =^._.^= - 03/09/2013 08:17 - United States - Mesa

Today, I was at the doctor's getting a check up. He asked me if I was allergic to anything, to which I blurted out, "Cats." He gave me a weird look and said, "Don't worry, I won't give you cats." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 541
You deserved it 7 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sir_ND_Pity 35

Your doctor never gives cats? I would switch doctors. I have a whole litter after my last check up! :D

Lol his fault for not being specific. I would've said the same thing if I were allergic, too.

Comments

WompWompWomp123 7

Well he did say, "anything". He should have said, "Are you allergic to any medication?". You were right to say cats in my opinion ;)

When I got my cartilage pierced, they asked me about any allergies so I put down cats since that's all I'm allergic to. They should be more specific if they want serious answers!

bfsd42 20

There is no need for the doctor to be more specific. It only takes a bit of common sense to realize what he is asking.

perdix 29

You should quickly add, "And semen!"

Well, it pays to be sure on these things!

I've done this before as well. My doctor wasn't as witty as yours, though.

lovethesidewalk 19

You were just answering the question he asked lol He should have been more specific.

catkat1988 17

Well, like the others said - he asked! He's the one with a medical degree, he should know to word his questions so he gets the answers he's looking for. You can't read his mind, he asked you a health-related question and you couldn't have known he was only interested in answers relating to things he might expose you to.

thrAsHeRr9081 16

I ask patients all the time if they have any allergies to any medications that they are aware of. I still receive responses such as "apples, Tide laundry detergent, or Latex."

Latex i would count since it is used in medical practices. The other ones i would roll my eyes at lol

thrAsHeRr9081 16

I work in a pharmacy haha. It was hard to try and not laugh at the "apples" answer.

catkat1988 17

Well, if you're asked by a pharmacist if you're allergic to any medications, and your answer is apples or laundry detergent, then you're stupid. That happens all the time, too. But I'd say that's way different from being asked by a doctor if you have any allergies - he might as well be trying to make a diagnosis or make sense of a larger picture related to your general health, so he might actually need to know if you have any allergies in general.

Hysterical!! I probably would have done the same thing. ._.

Just like many said and thought, he did ask what you were alergic to. His brain stopped working there for a moment, OP, don't worry about it.