By kashish0711 - 02/08/2009 16:14 - India

Today, I was at home, my mom came and saw me holding what she thought was a glass of beer. She took the glass, threw it and slapped me for drinking it. I was drinking Apple Juice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 688
You deserved it 3 179

Same thing different taste

Comments

Wow, tell her to get the **** off her pedestal. Seriously, what did you ever do to warrant such distrust that she couldn't at least ask what it was before flipping a lid?

This is an Asian family. Most such parents believe that by "mistrusting" their children (only expecting the worst even when you raised them to not do so) will better prepare them for the ways of people in the real world. I would know, because my adoptive mother and her side of the family are that way.

So? Tell her it was apple juice, get yourself another glass and move on. It sucks having parents like that. My dad always freaks with some things, but not with alcohol.

What the ****? Unless you're 12, there's not a goddamn thing wrong with drinking beer.

bekahshae 0

Wow. Hm, it's surprising that some parents actually care about their children's futures and don't want them drinking when it's ILLEGAL?

AngryWookie 0

Yes. Because it's just so moral to break the law.

Thanks for missing my point entirely.

I have no idea how old the poster is, or what the legal drinking age is where they are from (Note: It's NOT the US). If the OP is of LEGAL AGE, then the mother is a worthless **** who needs to have her teeth shattered.

tylenol123 0

um. ya there is. there really isnt a real reason to drink. even for a 30 yer old. im not saying dont get waisted every now and then as an adult but nonody needs to get shit faced like they do all the time. i think thats contributing to the dowb ecinomy cuz it makes ppl not care about responsubilities

we're you wasted when you wrote that? *year *wasted *nobody *contributing *down *economy *responsibilities learn a bit of grammar and spelling!

Throw a glass- full of the juice- at her. :)

I don't see how this is a FML?? Boo hoo. Go get another bottle of apple juice.

It's an FML because her mom is a bitch.

falloutgurl517 0

because his mom SLAPPED him for something that she ASSUMED he was doing... and because she didn't even bother to find out what was really going down before she did so.

mdmdt 0

YDI for capitalizing "Apple Juice."

jewelzgalore 0

Lmao! That's so Indian-- overreact to everything.

no, I can tell you that this stereotype is 100% true. I am Indian, and my parents threatened to commit suicide when they found out i had guy friends... Overreaccting much? YES

The fact that certain peoples can be described in a certain way does not make it racist. If someone says "Hey, Estonia has a culture different from ours" you don't shout "RACIST BASTARD!" in their face, do you? Yet that's what's happened here. Look up the definition of racist. Please.

indian_goddess 0

nope, not racist. it's sooo indian to overreact to a bunch of things. plus i think the op should post this on mlid.

AngryWookie 0

When someone says "X has a different culture," I don't automatically think "Racist." When someone says "Everybody from culture X acts in this way" I do automatically think "Racist." Why? It's really simple. Because only the racist or the truly ignorant paint with that broad of strokes.

I don't see why parents should freak out. It's better to get the child used to drinking so that when they go to a party they won't go crazy and become drunk to the point of no return. #21, it's an FML because he got slapped for drinking apple juice and for having a mom that doesn't trust him with beverages. Also, #22, stop being a freaking grammer NAZI.