By so embarrassed - 05/01/2013 21:56 - United States - South Salem

Today, I was at a restaurant with my boyfriend. He wound up drinking a whole bottle of wine, and when the bill came he drunkenly yelled at the waiter, claiming it should be free, because he's in the military "fighting for your freedom". He's a mechanic in the National Guard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 053
You deserved it 4 315

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Considering you have to put up with that kind of embarrassment, I hope they DID give you a free meal.

I think you misread. No one is talking about a free medal. Meal*

Comments

National guard bitches. Yes they can be deployed but op stated his mos was a mechanic.

So my husband is a mechanic on a jet and is deployed with his jet quiet a bit.. So don't feel the need to make a comment about something you know nothing about. Mechanics get deployed all the time.

msrabbit625 4

He is still in the Military.

a lot of people are misreading this. yes, his profession is still valuable, and no one should make less of his position. however, as a mechanic in the national guard, i highly doubt that he's "fighting for your freedom". i don't think OP was trying to put her her bf down, she was just stating that no, he's not fighting for your freedom.

Um. Excuse me? I sure as hell fought for freedom when I deployed and I'm a mechanic. In the national guard. but I was active at the time of my deployment. jeez. without us, all those other soldiers couldn't do their jobs cuz they break everything and would have anyone to fix it.

JJBADGE10 7

Mechanics are just as important as infantry or anyone else.

dontpanic_fml 32

It's sad that you think there are insignificant positions in the military. Go try doing something sometime, OP.

Half of you have never been to basic, that alone would kick your ass into next century but if you can make it in after that then you should be proud of any part you take in helping our country. Wtf do you do for work? could you tell me if a hurricane hit your town that you would be out there in it helping? no, but he would. If he didnt help fix their trucks, how would they get out there to help the stranded and sick? You're ****** up for putting him down like that. I wish you could get your ass kicked in basic training. then you might have some respect.

doml510 1

And I suppose you wear a uniform too? Who are you tO undermine any job in the military. PH... Civilians...

Hey, he has a point still. If it wasn't for him working on the vehicles and keeping th on pristine condition, the troops wouldn't be able to do what they do, so in a sense he is fighting for our freedom.

mpena616 7

Somewhere, Red Foreman is getting ready to put his foot in someone's ass.

Im 130 lbs soaking wet, stay at home mom. A bottle of wine doesnt get me hammered, your hubby is a lightweight ;)