By RedFace - 05/04/2011 14:06 - United States

Today, I was at a band concert with 500 other people. The song they were performing stopped, and I loved it so much I stood up and clapped. Everyone stared, while I slowly realized the song wasn't over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 121
You deserved it 35 409

Same thing different taste

Top comments

muchagente 5

no, i've been there: op was the only one who knew the song was over. the band started playing again to avoid an awkward situation when they saw that no one clapped. except one.

HarmonyChord 0

Don't worry I'm sure those 500 other people didn't even notice, except that they did. Sucks for you!

Comments

BrunetteBabe56 0

Now you learned, never clap!

I've done this before. But everybody laughed when I did it.

as a band geek myself (tuba) I will say that the band probably loved it

zSapphire15 0
petitsinge_fml 0

shame, shame, shame, shame, shame...

There was this one time at band camp! I stood up and started clapping and yelling. in the middle of a song. and come to find out I had a clarinet shoved up my azz!!!

Agreed. People should refrain from attending an event without properly preparing themselves for it... It sadly promotes negative stereotypes of ignorance and lack of class. While both these assumptions can easily be avoided by being patient and waiting for cues from others on what to do next. I can't say that they shouldn't attend a band concert at all, growth and expansion in the knowledge and demonstration of classical music pieces is something, I believe, can help an individual become a more "well rounded" citizen.