By stutterernotschizophrenic - 15/11/2010 03:43

Today, I was alone in my dorm room rehearsing comments to make in my writing class tomorrow. I grew up with a severe stutter, and rehearsing like this is one of the ways I keep my speech under control. What I didn't plan on was my roommate walking in. I think she now thinks I'm schizophrenic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 785
You deserved it 2 978

Same thing different taste

Top comments

there is a very simple solution to this. when she walks in on you, pause and say: 'oh hi, i was just rehearsing for my class tomorrow' if she lives with you she probably knows you have a stutter and she'll understand. duh.

ideasrule 13

Tell her about it? Is it so hard for her to believe you have a stutter if you see her every day?

Comments

YigalElohev 2

Your roommate can go throw herself into traffic if she's such a stuck-up bitch that she thinks anything negative of you.

It's okay, mojo just has a stutter of the brain.

"Class, this is a comment about schizophrenia. It's also a comment about me... and me. And me standing in the balcony over there." *waits for the anally p.c. people*

RedPillSucks 31

Schizophrenia and multiple personality disorders are not the same. Just sayin...

i fail to see the problem. doesn't anyone who takes speeches seriously rehearse privately or in front of a friend or two? why would she think that was weird?

aadk 0

Yeah, that would be normal, but OP is practicing her speech for a writing class?

Not a speech, comments. I imagine OP was rehearsing simple comments which she has to prepare for as if it was a speech. "Thank you." "Here's my paper." "Please explain the assignment." Those kinds of things.