By prince-charming - 07/11/2009 10:12 - Kuwait

Today, I was acting as Prince Charming for a 5 year old's birthday party. After my scene at the ball, the narrator asked the kids, "Was the Prince handsome?" and they all replied with a chorus of "Nooooo!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 492
You deserved it 31

Top comments

perdix 29

But the Prince had lots of money, so all the "princesses" found him Charming enough. "Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome"

Kids are really literal~probably thought narrator meant "Prince Handsome". Follow it up with "was the Prince Charming?" and you'd get a "YES!"

Comments

i dont know about you, but when i was 5 years old, if i let anyone know that i thought someone was "handsome" i'd be really embarrassed, in the same sort of way that if in a movie two people kissed i felt obliged to say "eeeeeeew" i wouldn't feel offended if i were you, maybe some of the little girls thought you were handsome... maybe (would it even be a good thing if they did?)

Cloudy_fml 0

Don't take it harshly. At that age, they probably still thought you had cooties or something. =P

Honestly do you need kids to tell you you are handsome? Sounds like you have self confidence issues. YDI.

xenomorph 0

Did they watch Shrek 2 and 3? Charming was definitely portrayed as evil; it should be no surprise that the kids thought you were evil.

I_Wanna_Lol 0

Maybe because they're 5? Usually when you're 5 you don't have a huge grasp on what is and isn't handsome. Besides - the word "handsome" is so outdated, I'd find that a relief.

Punkartmama 0

So...you feel bad because 5 year olds don't think you are cute? Why would you care?! Kinda creepy...

little kids are very honest but they are also very "strict" in what they believe is handsome or beautiful. you are not handsome if you are not brad pitt and you are not beautiful if you are not pamela anderson. that's kinda how it is and they learn it that way from all their cartoons and storybooks etc. if you don't look stunning then they think you're ugly. it takes awhile for them to realize that's not all there is to it. well... i guess theyr'e sort of right :)

Dont kids say the funniest things? :) Bless their hearts.

everyone kows that 5 year old kids wont ever admit to thinking a guys "handsome", dont take it personally

This isn´t even a FML, you deserve it for making such a fuss of a bunch of kids in a party.