By BakedBat - 21/02/2014 04:10 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, I walked into my apartment and smelled something extremely repugnant. I asked my roommate what had happened and she said, "I didn't know how else to kill it!" She'd trapped a bat that was in our apartment, put it in the oven, and set it to 400 degrees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 982
You deserved it 4 438

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would it even be necessary to kill it?

Why not just capture it and release it outside?? It would be less messy and more humane..

Comments

Why would it even be necessary to kill it?

Merylwen 24

It wasn't. And she did it in an extremely cruel way too.

She could have just let it fly out the window instead of baking it.

Bats are actually a sign of good luck. I don't think baking it is going to help with that.

This is proper animal cruelty. Why the **** would you put an animal in an oven? Jesus Christ.

put your roommate in the oven see how they like it

Seriously, what an awful thing. Your roommate is a monster. I hope you show her these replies, sounds like this moron has no ability to think past her own dumb ass reaction to an animal being in the house. How disgusting.

Poor little thing. In Minnesota this time of year it was probably hibernating and woke up for some reason.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
buttcramp 21

I would have left and called animal control or the local police or something. why did the oven get turned on? obviously it was trapped and that's safe enough.. its even dark in there so the bat probably would have been somewhat comfortable waiting in there for the proper authorities to arrive.

115 I don't think you read carefully. The roommate trapped the bat and baked it intentionally. Why someone would bake a bat is beyond me though, what a horrific way to go.

buttcramp 21

you're right.. I just figured the roommate meant she wanted the bat out of there. I'm all for killing a bug that comes in my house but if its a rat or animal (thank god it has never happened to me) I'd call a professional.

metalcrazed 21

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
sadsociety101 3

Your more likely to get rabies from your pet dog than a bat......

and what makes it even more sad is that bats are on the brink of becoming endangered...

erck3800 12

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Razi_tail 25

Only if actually bitten and after animal control is called can it be killed. The AC officer has to be the one to kill it. It is super illegal to kill a bat. They are a major carrier of rabies, but that doesn't mean every bat is infected with it.

the last time someone put living things in an oven it caused a war

rockaroths 15

198, actually raccoons are the mammals most likely to carry rabies

Nothing deserves to die like that... I mean like bats are practicaly hamsters with wings... would you do that to a little defenseless hamster? Just because a form of life is in another form doesnt mean it is any different than us. Animals build houses, communicate, and are alot similar to us. I mean, like, its okay to swat a fly here and there, but baking a ******* bat? jesus.

AurumPotestasEst 16

That's terrible! There was a blight not that long ago that severely reduced the number of bats there are and bats are very important to the environment because they eat a lot of mosquitoes. It was also inhumane.

juturnaamo 29

I don't know if cruelty laws apply to pest animals. Glue traps are pretty ******, but they're allowed.

Oh_bother44 11

Bats are not the number one carrier of rabies by any means.

you proved a down vote nazi wrong, so you paid the price

Why not just capture it and release it outside?? It would be less messy and more humane..

ohishkabibble 21

Because that would apparently take humanity and brains that OP's roomie does not possess.

Cuz OP's roomie is the Joker and wants to kill batman

Maybe the roommate didn't have anything to cook for dinner and wanted to try something new.

Because apparently OP's roommate is a female version of Joffrey from Game of Thrones.

Well, yeah, if that's how her roommate chooses to kill a defenceless bat, just imagine what she'd do to you if you pissed her off!

buttcramp 21

yeah I'd get a roomie with some brains lol

Indeed! People who kill animals are more likely to be serial killers. Fact.

thatkidmal 15
\ 28

Perhaps she took the phrase "kill it with fire" a tad too literally...

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that at that point setting it on fire would have been more humane than shoving it in an oven, at least death by fire would be quicker than death by being baked by a psycho.

Hey you know what they say about bats. They're chicken of the cave

Well if you think about it a lot of animals are killed cruely, such as lobster, we boil them alive which is equally terrible in my opinion. I feel bad for any animal that had a slow painful death because of human kind.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yes... Slowly roasting ones foe to death at 400 degrees when it's defenseless is great....

No. There is absolutely nothing great about this post. I can find humor in almost everything in life that most people would be horrified by. This FML just makes me sad.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
cryssycakesx3 22

can we prepare you like a twice baked potato then? image how hilarious that would be!

I think he could be referring to the other comments. What OPs roommate did was awful but these responses are awesome.

Matilda19 7
cleopad1 3

This isn't even funny. How the hell is this funny??? She was burning and cooking it to death, what the hell is wrong with you people???

she cooked a defenceless animal to death if it was a kitten or puppy I bet they wouldn't find it so funny.