By lollipopgreen - 01/10/2011 12:33 - United States

Today, I walked into a gas station to get a bag of chips. Upon moving towards the counter to pay, I noticed the cashier had what looked like a golf ball stuffed in his cheek. I said to him in a joking manner, "That's a huge pinch of dip!" His reply, "It's mouth cancer." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 618
You deserved it 51 703

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NoNotTheFace 8

At least you didn't make fun of him badly. It's not like you would know, right? "God must love you. He gave you a third ball."

ThatLooksSticky 16

Well...he probably has mouth cancer because of all the dip he's um, chewed? Sucked? Whatever you do with dip.

Comments

Jamicianprince 1

That must have made you feel bad

Alwayspullout 7

If it's any consolation there is a decent chance it was caused by him using dip

Marcella1016 31

So many YDIs. There's no way he could've known. Plus he's in Texas it's probably common as hell for those people to dip or whatever. Sucks for him to have made that mistake.

Must've given you a lump in the throat...

leezach 7

I'm from Texas and I'm surprised the guy *wasn't* dipping.

IThinkItsAlright 7

I'm from Texas. I don't use dip nor do my family and friends.

79, you look like your 12.... Thank God you don't dip at such a young age.

bawpo 2

If I saw someone with a lump in their mouth, cancer would be far from the first thing I thought it was. So OP shouldn't feel too bad, it's not like there's any way he could have known.

I'm going to assume that dip means chewing tobacco. Crazy disgusting.

stacianichole 2

54 - I think the YDI's are coming from the idea that it's best to just not make comments like that in the first place...cause you could end up sticking your foot in your mouth.

107 I'm impressed with your deduction skills. So many FMLers ask everyone to explain things that should be clear from contextual clues.

Where I'm from people call it chewing tobacco or chew.

Bekeliyr 10

Only comes from dirty rednecks...

AndieAvacado 0

It is. A couple people in my class at my Old school did it IN class. Teachers said nothing

Prankster7o7 5

Chewing tobacco and dip is two different things, but with the same point, dip or snuff is shredded or ground tobacco that you place between your lip and gums and you spit, chewing tobacco or just chew is tobacco leaves or pellets that you place in your cheek and chew to release the nicotine and flavors and then you spit, it happens to taste like raisins.

79, and you know all about it don't you?

OP shouldn't deserve it. It probably was from dipping.

NoNotTheFace 8

At least you didn't make fun of him badly. It's not like you would know, right? "God must love you. He gave you a third ball."

loghan_fml 5

Yeah but he shouldn't have said anything at all since he didn't know what it was

ThatLooksSticky 16

Well...he probably has mouth cancer because of all the dip he's um, chewed? Sucked? Whatever you do with dip.

^Fail. You're a grammar Nazi, not a spelling Nazi. You have no jurisdiction here.

madalynn 11

that doesn't mean he can't correct spelling mistakes..

84: grammar - the branch of linguistics that deals with syntax and morphology (and sometimes also deals with semantics) I have jurisdiction.

RedPillSucks 31
hubla 0

Why did you use ellipses Mr.Nazi was there more you wanted to say?

109 - I was conveying my cynical annoyance over the internet. Any more questions?

oops_im_fucked 8

I wish I could talk smart...

SOD_sonofdixie 5

No shit? The sky is in fact blue if you havent noticed lately.

prince122 0

Sounds like he's only half a godfather.

xoxogymmiexoxo 0

...Not really. The reason he has mouth cancer is most likely because he did dip.

Alexisthebestest 16

Cancer is caused for a lot of different reasons, so **** you 36 for making that assumption.

mgsoloist 14

Wow 47 is a little hostile...calm down. That would be a legitimate reason. Just like if someone had lung cancer you might think they were a chain smoker.

^this. it's not uncommon for people with cancer to be tobacco users. my friend is battling throat cancer and everyone asks if she smokes. it's a fairly logical assumption.

Alexisthebestest 16

Lol, I don't need to calm down, I'm fine actually. I've had a lot of people close to me die if cancer & it pisses me off when people think they deserve it or brought it on themselves. Don't jump to conclusions.

Haha, and you're in school for oncology. I'm worried for any patients you have if you come unhinged that easily. Not to mention you clearly let things of no consequence effect your judgment aka -- your freak out. No one said it was the persons fault they have cancer; they simply said there is typically a CAUSE, such as smoking, chewing etc.

dinoluvsrawr 2

Someone can get cancer from secondhand smoke.

It's been said before but seriously calm down. Everyone has people around who died or are dying of cancer but if we all jump down each other's throats about it... damn. It's true that smoking is one of the many causes of cancer. But so is asbestos (sorry if that's spelled wrong, English isn't my native language), working with chemicals or radiation, certain types of antibiotics, it's even rumored that some types of fruit cause cancer and there are many many more causes. OP couldn't have known it was cancer but 'when in doubt...' don't effin' say things like that.

Alexisthebestest 16

I'm not your buddy- so chill out with that shit. Yes, I'm in school for oncology & that's why I don't jump to such conclusions. Don't recall that being any of your business though.

&168: stop telling everyone else not to jump to conclusions. You're the one who immediately assumed that we're all making assumptions about everyone that had or has cancer. It's a terrible disease (I know, I'm a survivor) but it is fair to point out that tobacco products are leading causes of cancer. Just staying this fact does not mean that me or anyone else is saying that everyone who has or has had cancer deserves it by bringing it on themselves. Also, yes, you do need to chill out.