By Anonymous - 22/07/2014 17:39 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I walked in on my 15-year-old daughter stripping on Skype for strangers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 361
You deserved it 44 660

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think it's time to have a really long talk with your daughter...

Well you should "strip" your daughters computer from her

Comments

if that was my daughter, I'd smack the taste out of her mouth

you deserved it because no child needs a computer with internet access in their room. yes it's the 21st century, all the more reason to be careful. if they cant do what needs to be done in front of the family in a central location they do to need to do it. grow up and be a parent. dont be their friend.

She's 15. The majority of 15 year olds are okay to have a computer in their room. "dont be their friend"... well, I bet your house is a happy place.

very happy, my kids have computer access and each have a tablet that they use and keep with the family and we monitor their internet use. there is no reason the computer needs to be in a child's bedroom. my children may not always like what I do as a parent but they do respect me, which is more than I can say for most children.

Well that's a cute idea in theory, but what if they want to watch something else on TV other then what you have on in the family room, but also want to be on the internet? That'll lead to an unhappy kid when you keep telling them they can't take advantage of modern technology and use their computers in their own room where they also can choose what they watch on TV.

God forbid a modern day 15 year old should actually have to resort to entertaining themselves with a book made of actual paper or by talking to another human being face to face! Quick, call CPS, this is an outrage!!

259- It's good that you know what your kids are doing and that you're keeping them safe, but I feel like a 15 year old is entitled to some degree of privacy.

*skype end-call sound* hopefully no one was recording

You should disable her access to web cams and anything that can take pictures.

Inform her that making advances such as this to strangers could land her getting Kidnapped or stalked. No matter what there is no positive ending to it.

It's ridiculous to say that the parents are in no way to blame. Too many parents let their kids do whatever they want. I'm not saying that OP is one of these parents... We don't have enough information to judge. With that said, the girl has to be responsible for her actions and there must be consequences. I wish you luck OP! FYL, I'm glad it's not me!

If somebody can explain to me how the hell this is the father's fault, fire away. And if you can't, then quit blaming the parents for everything their kids do. A fifteen year old girl knows EXACTLY what she's doing and how utterly stupid it is. This is completely on her.

time to show her the Vids and research about the girls that commit suicide because some asshole stalks them to the point they can't bear life anymore. r.i.p Amanda todd. cyber bullying is no joke look it up and show her.