By Anonymous - 10/07/2009 04:08 - United States

Today, I turned 23. I had asked my mom for some things to decorate my new place. As I opened the box to reveal my gift, a mirror was inside. I liked the mirror. I did not like the note attached that said "Look inside the mirror to see who is now 100% financially responsible for themselves." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 457
You deserved it 19 603

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't mean to be rude, but if you're 23, you should be financially responsible for yourself. YDI.

Give it back to her when she needs a loan.

Comments

LMAO thats what happens when you grow up. I love the way your mom thinks

SomeGuy1234 0

Hm... why is this here? Welcome to life?

adamdrinkslots 0

Daughter, I just want to tell you, its about time for you to ******* grow up and take care of yourself. Face! (ijustwanttotellyou.com)

Did you punch the ***** in the throat?

If you want to play "big people" you got to learn to buy your own shit. My sister moved out and takes care of her own bills.

I think part of the FML was that this happened on OP's BIRTHDAY, which is harsh. And for people saying it should have happened when he was 18, not everyone's situation is the same. Most 18 year olds NOW, considering the economy, do not have the means to be financially independent.

I'm betting that mom gave lots of hints that the OP just didn't get. Now it's clearly communicated. And real grown ups don't ask for things for their B-day.

summersong89 0

mirror, mirror on the wall... who's the most fiscally responsible of them all?

#82, you have a sad life. But you seriously don't need to post it all over the FMLs for people to feel sorry for you. This isn't "MLIMF" (My life is more ******)

Its not like she disowned you. What a drama queen. That's funny.