By Anonymous - 12/01/2014 00:26 - United States - Goodyear

Today, I used the restroom at a mall. I thought I was alone, so I started singing. When I got out of the stall, there were men staring at me. Not only did I embarrass myself with my own singing, I'd accidentally used the men's restroom too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 780
You deserved it 23 756

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kudos to you for being brave enough to sing in a public restroom.

guci101 14

Did you think the urinals were sinks or something?

Comments

Kudos to you for being brave enough to sing in a public restroom.

JMichael 25

And brave enough to enter a men's restroom. It can be a nightmare in there. I commend you OP.

I think most women would be amused if they found a guy singing in the restroom.

RedPillSucks 31

Especially after they called the police. Been there, done that.

I would have been like oh shit under my breath.

Did the urinals mean anything to you or did you think they were new decor in the ladies room? xD

when i once accidently when into ladies room they started screaming tht s double standard ri8 there

AnOriginalName 19

"Double standard." You keep using that phrase. I don't think it means what you think it means.

You have the meaning of double standard completely wrong. A double standard is when one person or group of people does something and it's seen negatively from most of society, and then another person or group of people does something and it's seen indifferently or positively. It's not by the actions taken, but rather the judgement. Take, for example, someone who has sex with multiple people. If they're female they're called a **** and it's "bad" for them to do so, but having sex with multiple people as a man is considered a good thing and will earn you respect from quite a few people.

JMichael 25

29- thank you for that long explanation of what a double standard is. You have now educated half of the FML population. My thumbs up to you.

RenoTheRhino 30

#2 is from India. He has a lot of English to learn but props to him for trying.

a dude once came into the ladies and puked everywhere. bad times man.

shyeahh_fml 19

How his he incorrectly describing a double standard? A woman in the men's room generally doesn't offend or scare any of the men, but a man in the women's room will generally piss them all off and make them think he's a rapist. That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but my point is that men wouldn't really care if a woman is in the men's room but women would definitely care if the situation were reversed. That's exactly how 29 described a double standard.

56 - I believe it's because if a woman were to walk into the men's room, most men would just not care, although would not prefer it. Mostly same for the women, if a man were to walk into the ladies' room, they donor prefer it, but most of them do in fact care.

#29 or a double standard means when a woman goes in guys washroom they just stare but if a guy goes in ladies they start screamin coz its ok if a woman does bt not for a lady -.-

#39 i think i know english well enough and Indians use da british english so i think it actually is considered proper english well sucks u dont think da same

AnOriginalName 19

Reminds me of the shower scene in Elf... ... Which, by the way, is affectionately known to my roommates as the "rape song." After listening to the lyrics, I have to agree with them. What a terrible song to have in a Christmas movie.

I have never thought about that, but that's spot on! A Christmas carol that is about rape. guess my mind just got even lower in the gutter.

IKickPuppiesHard 16

Seems fittng since christmas does rape your wallet...

no no no! that song isnt about rape. think of the context of the song. it was written around the 50s where it was so scandalous if a girl left a man's house by herself (i believe theres a line that says, "what would the neighbors think" or something like that). she wants to stay, and says so many times, but is afraid of what people will think. lady gaga and joseph gordon lewitt (i believe thats his name) performed a version of the song that was surprisingly good. the roles are reversed. doesnt sound as rapey does it? it's only what our minds are conditioned to think that makes people believe hes trying to rape her.

spiritfang11237 16

i also want to point out the song does say, "What's in this drink?"

you dont ask "whats in this drink" when you try something you like?

Just take a bow for your audience and power walk the hell outta there and never look back.

guci101 14

Did you think the urinals were sinks or something?

Who knows, maybe she really had to go and didn't notice the urinals?

One time at basketball camp I accidentally went into the men's room (it was like 8:00 in the morning) and my first thought when I saw the urinals was "why are there urinals in the girls bathroom?" It took me a good 10 seconds to realize, and by then I was already peeing. Luckily no one walked in

Just a couple weeks ago I went to see Anchorman 2 and had to pee. I was so excited about the movie I walked into the guys bathroom and didn't see the urinals, but I did notice that there were less stalls than usual. When I opened the door I saw the urinals and got scared. It happens.

I did that once in primary school, and it's stuck with me since. Sorry to hear OP

Same thing happened to me in elementary school. I walked into a girl's restroom and unfortunately for me there were quite a few people in there, including a girl I liked at the time. At least I never got in trouble, they just laughed at me.

Hum what are these here? Oh they must be feet washers or something.